Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SB - weekend is here!

An early morning swim in a nearby HS, first time in a long time. What motivated me is to go see and have a breakfast with my TRI/swim club team members who always had a breakfast Mark.. 2000yds.

Then did a few house repair projects (bathroom mirrors are coming off from the wall, I insisted a pro should do the job but who am I kidding to convince..? It was a challenging job but got it done, I hope! Then 6.2miles run, caught in a monsoon on the last half. This was like 5th time I visited the general area of Mark’s accident. I know finding more wouldn’t bring him back but I want to know what caused him fell of the bike that instantly killed him. Something doesn’t add up. Felt great tho. Felft like I got old running-self back.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes it is/was here. Snowing and blowing yesterday a nice sunny but chilly wander around the neighborhood today with A. Yesterday strength training and 45 mins in the EP, today 5-6 mile wandering in the snow near the end I picked up 45 lbs of frozen fruit that was "borrowing space' in a neighbors freezer. I loaded up my backpack I didn't' think I'd notice the cold since it was 24 degrees and wind blowing already but it really froze my butt! Carried that for the last 1/2 mile and now its in my new freezer! I probably should do some yoga since we didn't' have online class this weekend. The time change is bugging me making me feel like its dinner time way way early. I don't' like it, take it back!

Yo you know it wasn't the place or the thing or even the fall. Its odd but I've started to believe a number of fatal car crashes must have been precipitated by neuro or cardiac events but when we see that crash we don't look further its when people are out on a bike, or a other outdoor even that it becomes obvious.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Yo - I feel for you. so hard when there isn't anything obvious to connect the dots. So sorry.

Dog walks and general puttering around the house, based on what my elbow allows me to do. Today was a good day, but I bet I will pay for it tomorrow.

SB - oof snow...it has been 70s here the past two days...wonder if we'll have a fall or just jump into winter.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SB - that’s a lot of frozen fruits to carry in the cold brrrrr! Good news is of course you are getting ready to stay out if needed.
I think it is very likely that’s what happened. I know he was wearing a Garmin and his kid was planning to pick it up from the local police so it could reveal something..

Zoj - good to hear you had a good day elbow-wise!

2-mile walk in the morning. And got a few house repairs/chores done then rode about hr on my Lush. Kinda headachy day all day, which hasn’t happened for quite a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts