Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>80min of running including with 2 sets of 5 short hill repeats, sandwitching a mile roller in the middle as a recovery.  The first one took me 56sec. and each one after getting faster to finish with 51sec. and pretty much repeated the same on 2nd set.  Gave myself plenty to recover, by starting the repeat every 3min. (so 2min+ recovery). Played with effort levels breaking the short hill into 3 segments (as Thor talked about).  Very pleased with how this went.  I am sticking with weekly short hill repeats. </p>
<p>Swim later, practicing easy breathing at higher efforts, will see how it goes.</p>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<p>Good morning, TEAM LIT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yoshi: Great job on experimenting with the hill. You will not only get stronger, but by experimenting you will also give your body different "looks," which in turn make you an more all-around stronger runner/athlete. Because you learn what you can and can't do, and you teach your body in other ways to recover more quickly. Nicely done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>5.65 typical Tuesday trot for me early this morning with the Andyman.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Due to rain this morning, I let the bike sit (I usually double up on Tuesday's).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great day, Tri-peeps!</p>

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
<p>Masters swim.  Main set was 1500 m straight.  Took it at about 75% effort since I'm racing this weekend and finished it in 28:02.  Getting on the bike some time today for some quick intervals.</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
<p>The FIRST non-sweltering day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Crushed my 4-mile time in the 73 degree and ONLY 81% humidity.  lol</p>
<p> </p>
<p>:)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then, timed TRX work with Lisa, the sadist.</p>

·
Registered
423 Posts
<p>Off from work this week, so I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to get my swim in.  Went out and did my hour run around 9:00AM (7.4 miles will 5 x 1 min pick ups at :20).  Felt really good through the whole run.  I then rinsed off and headed over to the outdoor pool to get in my 3,000yd swim before the rain.  It is a lot cooler out today and the water is getting cooler so the swim was a bit chilly.  Still much better than being indoors.  Only actually managed 2,700yds because I was starting to get really cold and shiver a bit.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Writing this I am still trying to get my core temp up....brrrr!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a good day everyone!</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>Race practice, Part Duex</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sunday's paces didn't work out so good - mostly due to fatigue so after a Looooong talk with CC we decided to add 2 more race pace tests to confirm/deny what happened on Sunday.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today was 50min ride w/ 2x15 @ race HR (actually a bit low, 140-150-  i stuck around 150) then immediate 2miles @ 12:15 pace (revised upwards from Sunday's attempt)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Interval 1 – 210avg power, 147 avg hr, felt fine, 19.4mph, mouth breathing but not really terribly hard legs felt fine. I could sustain that for a long time.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Interval 2 – 205avg power, 144 avg hr, felt fine, 18.82mph (2 traffic stops) mouth breathing but not really terribly hard legs felt fine. I could sustain that for a long time.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Direct onto run, 75s transition time.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Had some tech issues at first. Fooking Garmin lost it’s damn mind and said I was doing a 40min pace and I knew I was more like 11-12, so at ½ mile (based on prior experience) I hit the lap counter so I could reset the lap pace.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">First ½ Mile – 5:20 (too fast… downhill which didn’t help) – avg HR 142 mouth breathing but not really terribly hard legs felt fine. I could sustain that for a long time.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Second ½ Mile – 6:42  (mostly flat) – avg HR 150 mouth breathing but not really terribly hard legs felt fine. I could sustain that for a long time.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Final Mile – 12:17 – (steep uphill, steep down, and long gradual uphill) avg HR 151 mouth breathing but not really terribly hard legs felt fine. I could sustain that for a long time.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">So I nailed it. No problem. Could have held those paces forever.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">We will do a bigger test - 2.5hr ride and 4mile run on Sat.  Bring it!</span></span></p>

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
<p>60 sort of uninspired minutes on the trainer. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Left leg feels much, much better than it did a week ago.  Can't help but be a bit amazed about that.</p>

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
1000 m in the pool including a fast 300. That's all!!!

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
<p>Pilates.. either a VERY weak core is having issues, or my back is not happy.. we'll see. </p>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.