Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Wonderful Wednesday 08-18-2010

1K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  evanflein 
<p>Gobi, seems like Mrs. G has been under the weather for some time now. Getting concerned... GL on the TT tonight (probably already did it though...)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yay for Pickles coming home! We knew she would. Eventually. Enjoy the mat, I think you'll find it makes a big difference.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Opie, I just figured, "Yep, freaky dude" and kept on going. But yes I do know what you mean.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sounds like a few of us are feeling dinged around the edges from mileage buildups... take care of those twinges so they don't get a life of their own!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dove, I find I'm always catching up and missing a lot. Mariposai and I decided awhile ago that we read and comment on what we can, but as long as we're running and checking in, that's gotta be ok. Life has seemed really busy for a lot of us this year...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>{{Heme's coworkers}}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>{{Starr's sister}} Nice to see you pop in here, lady. Hope your sis enjoys your visit and she's comfortable... tough time, for sure. Nice job at the fair!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We had a torrential downpour last night. We need the rain, but a nice steady day or two of it would be nice. We seem to get nothing for days on end, then a deluge that sends most of my driveway fines down into the ditches and culverts. *sigh* The garden looks totally beat to crap, too. Oh well... the yard got a good soaking. Hope the fires did, too. Temp this morning was 48° and we may barely see above 60° today. Seems incredible that we broke a high temperature record (91°) just last Sunday... what, three days ago? Overcast, cool and misty drizzle today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've got 8 miles of hilly trails on the schedule today. I might just do them after work so once I'm all wet and muddy, I can just go home.</p>

<p>SS, the Cumulus 12's you say, hm? Might have to try them. I like following your lead on the shoe thing, ever since I found out you like(d) the Landreth. I wanted to try the 6 with that funky heel thing, but I've always been leery of "new and improved." Usually that means, "but not for you!" I loved the Nimbus till they came out with the 10. Hated that and never went back. I like a lighter shoe anyway, and the Landreth fit that need. But I find they don't last long with what I dish out... the mesh on the side gets holes before 450 miles. The current Landreths look awful and have almost 550 miles. I really need to replace them. I had the Cumulus 6's and loved those, years ago....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>9.3 hilly trail miles tonight, average pace 8:30 but what was most important was the steady pace on some of those hilly, wood-chip-strewn trails. I did stop to catch my breath on a couple of the hilly spots, but not bad, and kept going where I had to stop a couple weeks ago... so that's progress. Need to get out on the mid-point of the course though and tackle THAT hill. Tonight was actually pretty cool, temps about 59 and breezy. I actually got chilled by the time I got home, white finger tips and everything. It's been months since THAT's happened. Wow... summer seems gone already. </p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.