<p>People selling them?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Society in general?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At least Wired made a joke of it...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Or, maybe I'm the stupid one.  It's not April 1st, is it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/" target="_blank">http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/</a></p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
<p>Well, color me confused right along with you. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think we're dealing with the placebo effect.  The one reaction I saw didn't look high so much as he didn't like what he was hearing.  I guess I don't really know if sounds can modify your brainwaves but I can see where some folks might be frightened that it will lead to the real thing.  If there is a placebo effect, hearing the same sound over and over isn't going to keep getting you high, so maybe you would be tempted to try the real thing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I dunno.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sometimes I'm really glad I'm old and my kidlets are grown up. :D<br>
 </p>

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Well, that's not exactly my point.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My point is, why does anyone, especially news organizations, schools, and narco squads give a shit?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll make a guess. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Schools because they think parents will be angry that they're not protecting their little snowflakes from this horrible new teen trend.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>News organizations...because they're whores and will go for any press that they can get...I can imagine the teaser on TV before the 11 O'Clock news (or, 10, for you Mountain folks)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The narco bunch?  Because the news organizations asked them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just my guess...</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.