Right now, I supplement a UD hand-held with the Golite Hare waist-pack (<a href="http://www.golite.com/product/proddetail.aspx?p=PA5228&s=1" target="_blank">http://www.golite.com/product/prodde...x?p=PA5228&s=1</a>). I'll be using it for Zane Grey and San Juan Solstice. What I like about it<br><br>
- The energy bar packets on the belt fit my iPhone perfectly.<br>
- The large exterior pocket can hold a 20oz bottle, in addition to the 1L bladder inside the pack. In fact, right now I just carry the bottle and skip the bladder because I don't have an insulated tube. If I tie things down correctly, there is no jiggling.<br>
- There is enough room with a full bladder for some munchies, Yak Traks, and a micro jacket.<br>
- It rides right on my hips*. Other waist packs ride too high and the skin on my lower back is freaky sensitive.<br><br>
I did replace the cheapo bladder with a camelback brand.<br><br>
I have had problems in the past fitting a backpack correctly. I need to solve them for Mountain RATS. I bought two different packs to experiment with. Hopefully, one of them works.<br><br>
* Female Hips since Chris G doesn't scream girl.