Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">But my post is actually to tell you about a good deal I got from TIMEX.</span></span><br><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">I know that lots of folks are turning to wrist GPS distance and timing devices. But I still use a “licorice watch”…a men’s 100 lap TIMEX IRONMAN. I had the watch for at least a couple of years. I guess I probably paid $50 or $60 for in a department store. A few weeks ago it developed a leak and the moisture was causing the LCD and indiglo light to fade. I thought what the heck…I like the watch so I’ll check into having it repaired. Well, I had to send it back to a Timex repair center. No payment, just a note telling them the problem and where to return it. Their policy is that if they can’t repair your watch for less than half the suggested retail price, they’ll send you a new replacement for half the price. I receive a package back from them. It contained my old watch with a sticker on it saying “watch not repairable” and a new replacement watch with a request for payment of $34.98. Not a bad deal.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">Dan</span></span>

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doug,<br>
That’s the way it worked for me. The bill came with the replacement watch. Not sure how they’d come after me if I failed to send them the money. But, I’m honest. On their website it says that if replacement is necessary and your particular style of watch is discontinued, they’ll send you a comparable substitute. The only problem is…my original watch had an all black casing. I’m not a real flashy kind of person. The replacement watch they sent me has a yellow case. But, I’ll get over it.<br><br>
Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts