Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there were any ideas on what this may be.After my wonderful 10 miler on Saturday, I started having some kind of tendony type issue which started in my upper inner thigh and went diagonally over the thigh to the knee. Also had some deep pain from that same start point in vertical line almost to the knee. It wasn't unbearable, just a odd type of discomfort. There is also a very slight tenderness in my hip area. Nothing horrible - if I stretch my leg by pulling it horizonally and really stretching the glutes and hip area, both issues go away. Discomfort was significantly less this morning and almost gone this evening.I don't want to mess up with the Crim this Saturday.<br>
I personally think part of this is my new shoes (Asics Gel Evolution). My left foot pronates more than the right foot. The new shoes feel more natural for me when I run, but perhaps do not provide enough motion control in this leg. With my old shoes (NB 1122), that are exceptional with motion control, I had knee problems. I dunno - is this some type of groin pull or strain?<br>
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Sounds like you could have some adductor issues going on. Probably just gentle stretching and rest will help it go away. I would not do any fast running/speed work for a few days and then slowly test it back. I would wager that your legs are adjusting to the increased level of pronation due to the less stable shoes....a normal part of changing "levels" of shoes. You need to go easy thoug cause different muscles are working differently now and you have to allow them adjustment time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts