Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I have basically been sidelined since Dec.. a few times I have been able to try to run this year but a week later I am back on the Injured list... 9 + months has been a bit of a strain on my Mojo....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>[</p>

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
<p>I had back-to -back p/f with heel bursitis followed by torn meniscus in one knee.  Aside from about a 4 week break, I was out of running commission from mid-march to late november, 2008.  Gained about 15 lbs.  Aside from that small MI, I've come back from it all pretty well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>yar</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
<p>In September of 1999 I managed to pull a muscle in my calf.   The good thing was I had common sense to stop immediately when I felt it pull and limped back to my vehicle parked a mile or two away.  I wasn't really out long and nursed it back to health in time to run my first marathon in Sydney, Australia.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In 2001 I had plantar fascitis that last probably a year and 1/2 before I could get rid of it totally.  Since then I've been good.</p>

·
Registered
549 Posts
<p>About 8 years ago I was brand new to running.  Brand.spanking.new. I had never run more that a few yards.  I did my first 5k then I was getting ready for a 10k.  I was normal-overweight, but loving life, and loving running.  Rain, snow, cold, hot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then two years later I developed a stomach condition where I couldn't eat.  My body would not accept food.  I was getting maybe 400-800 calories a day--in liquids.  Between the pain and the lack of calories I quit running.  I lost quite a bit of weight really, really fast.  Mainly any calories I got were for body maintenance.  I went down to a size 2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, I've been sidelined for about 6 years.  The condition is somewhat in remission, but I still have to watch what I eat (because it causes intense pain) and I have to watch how I exercise because it causes pain.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've wondered, from those of you have seen sports therapists, do you think they could help a case like mine?  I don't think I'll ever run again, but surely there is some physical activity besides walking.  (walking after being able to run is very very hard)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.