432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>SW 241<br>
LW 225.0<br>
CW 218.0<br>
Week -7<br>
Total -23</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As I expected last week's weight was high because I raced on Saturday, recovered on Sunday, and was bloated on Monday.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Had a real good week of running. Set an all time pr in the 10k with 45:54, 27 seconds faster than my previous best from 2004. Totaled 42 miles for the week with a 16 mile run last night in 80 degree weather.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the spring of 1982 I came out of college at 189 lbs. I went to work in Waterloo, IA for the summer. When I went back to college I weighed 236 lbs. I was not active and settled in at 265 lbs for most of the next 13 years. I started running in the summer around 1996. Worked up to 5k and ran 3 a week. My weight would drop to 245 or 250 by fall, then I would pack it back on over the winter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In 2001 I joined kickrunning/coolrunning and started getting a little more serious. By May of 2002 I had dropped to 235 and ran my first marathon. My weight fluctuated with the seasons, high of 245 in the winter, lows around 230 by fall. In 2004 I was a little more serious and dropped to 221 or 222.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The 218 I weighed in at today is the lightest I have been in 28 years. Hopefully I can say the same thing each of the next three weeks as I do a final ramp up for my target marathon.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck everybody.</p>

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
<p>A 27 Second PR and the lightest in 28 years, Yeah, I would call that a Great week!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me not so great but I am still checking in...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>LW 210</p>
<p>CW 213</p>
<p>WL +3</p>
<p> </p>
<p>so hard to keep the motivation when you can not run/ now I cant even hike again....ughhhh. in less than two weeks, i am hiking etc.. whether it hurts or not while I am setting the course at Sawtooth 100, I will just be back to ground -0 afterwords.</p>

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
<p>Plugging along -  That is just fun and you have more to come if you want it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was having a hard time sitting on the little bench and tying my shoes in the morning - Big belly - So hell no I did not weigh in.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My weekend went</p>
<p>Drunk and over eating FR-SA-SU</p>
<p>No Run FR - SU - MO</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Back on her yesterday</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.