Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
<p>I'm in! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am on day 5 of the Game On Diet.  I'm following the diet VERY well, though I'm not getting in the exercise that I need and I haven't really thought about the "adopting a healthy habit" aspect of it yet either.  This is the first time in 2 months that I've managed to stay on track for more than 3 days.  It worked great the first month that I tried it, but after that I got of track by lunch every day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My goal this week is to just stay on track for the next two days, and then next week (Friday) I'll add the exercise, healthy habit option.</p>

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
<p>Nadra,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I really like it.  I think that it keeps by blood sugar level, I'm less likely to have mood swings, and less likely to be famished after work.   I find that I need to plan my free days and my free meals.  I am more likely to stick with it if I know that my free meal is coming up.  Sometimes life happens and my free meal has to get moved up, but with the right planning it works out. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I LOVE the 100 cal a day cheat.  I usually use it for a bit of mayo on my sandwich and then a girl-guide cookie after dinner.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The only downside that I can see are three things when I compare it to Weight Watchers or Sparkpeople.</p>
<p>a)  There is no fitness aspect to caloric intake.  If you are training for a marathon, I don't think you might be getting the carbs/calories that you need.  Other programs allow for fitness points for exercise done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>b)  The calories are a pretty standard 1150 - 1300/day, (at least that's what I figure when I occasionally put my meals into sparkpeople, but I am a pretty plain jane eater) so it doesn't adjust for a person whose starting weight is much greater.  Other programs allow more basic calories, the more you weigh.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>c) there is no discussion on what to do when you reach goal weight to maintain you weight, I figure when I get to that point I will probably up the portions or have a free meal a day but stay on course for the rest of the meals.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I didn't play with a group, just sent my reports by e-mail to my friend every day and used the points as a challenge to myself to beat my day/week before score.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have a blogger or wordpress account, let me know and I'll send you my blog of the first month. </p>

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
<p>I forgot to mention, my day, still on track.  Just one more day for this week and then I weight in.  So far so good.  Trying to plan my exercise for the next week, and still trying to think of healthy habit to adopt and a bad habit to give. up.  I've giving myself until Friday night to think of something.</p>

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
<p>How's everyone doing?  I am down 5 lbs, though my "body composition monitor with scale" indicates that some of that might be muscle, so it's time to kick in the exercise.  2 days in -- 2 days of exercise done.  Yippee</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.