Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ventured outside today ON THE BIKE! local 11 mile loop. Oof...that was tough. Since I wasn't allowed to go above threshold on the trainer for the past two weeks because of my knee...this made me feel all sorts of out of shape!

Yesterday - was a full DOR...couldn't do my PT class due to a work meeting (grumble) and then took DS to get his new car and did errands...so that chewed up the rest of the day.

Yo - I never got your message???

Nice job Geo!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Go you, Zoj! Isn't springtime in New England great for riding ... nice to see the world come alive.

44 mile ride for me ... down to the beach and around. Lots of people out walking, riding running although the state beaches themselves are closed...

Evening, had a Zoom Boggle session with college friends ... nice to chat, even though over the interwebs....

Geo.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Zoj - sorry I didn’t let u know - I found a local store who had some thanks to Mia! May I reach out to you if/when I am in a need again and can’t find some locally?

Geo - good start! Now time to quickly ramp up the mileages!

I didn’t post yesterday... got 35min strength exercises during lunch. After work, continued to spread the compost.... A&C came over to help us, which was huge.

Today, all day yard work. Uugggghhh. That was LOTS OF WORK! But got it done. The darn grass better look great in this fall!!!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
work filled weathery end to the week. I was out in snow showers and hail doing some of my landscape work on friday plus a walk, today was warmer and clear so J and I hiked up to the lower basin and wandered around checking things out, there were some short snowfields to cross and a lot of snow in the trail to skirt but its getting very spring like. I'd estimate 5-6 miles hiked we didnt' use a tracker. I had to shoo away the mule deer who have just arrived in the valley they were blocking the way as I came through my gate, they seem overly used to humans.

Yo asked about Covid cases, the county had 1 confirmed who recovered and 2 suspected who recovered. Although we have pleanty of tests and instant testing I suspect not that many people voulnteered to be tested. Its been interesting we've had the CDC in the state testing and checkign things and a bunch of "COVID" cases got reclassed as other illnesses. THe cases and deaths on the reservations are disturbing in the generla population perhaps it hasn't relaly hit here yet, who knows. Wyomgin has resicnded their go home orders (we didn't have stay home we sent others back home who were trying to stay here). Yellowstone south entrance opens Monday, CDC continues their studying we all wait to see what happens next.

Also I've been sending out dried sourdough starter to people if you ever run out of yeast let me know. At this altitude yeast raised bread is tricky and sour dough more reliable. A funny thing I made a fresh batch of bread this am and I always seem to have trouble picking the exact moment of doneness so I was going to go by temp. Alton Brown said it should be 210-212 degrees. first I made some dinner rolls and they didn't get above 196 but they were done, breakfast rolls the same finally the loaves just would not get above 198 and I started to worry they were getting too dry and hard (the crust is pretty hard and thick). Afterwards I realized water boils at 212 at sea level and 198 at this altitude so my bread is not going to get warmer than 198 until all moisture is gone and that's my conversion for future bread baking..its funny how it just can't get higher (unless all water is evaporated).

Meanwhile more landscaping more bad weather, I received several saddles to try out on my bicycle if the weather will behave when I have time to go out and ride!

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
SB - Wyoming sounds like exhibiting a very different picture than most of the urban areas like Detroit /suburb I’m in. I do hear about the situations in the reservations... this pandemic is definitely putting people who are already in difficult situations further into the deeper end.
Baking in high altitude sounds very scientific! Good luck.

DH and I continued on with the section hike of the Waterloo trail. We were ready to do this under rain, and Mile 10.5-5.5 was our target. But the section was a multi use (= equestrian) and deep muddy water mess. We did it for a while but gave up the drove to the hiking only section and enjoyed much nicer trail in spite of some rain and some muddy trail. 4.5 hrs total

Good productive weekend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts