Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy broiling hot weekend all! Whew. Nubble group ride today (about 60 miles total with to/from). Temperature climbed quickly after a few hours. Pleasant to be near the coast for a lot of it. Biggish crowd (18 total) but we accidentally dropped one guy (doh!) about 2/3 of the way through.

Mowed the lawn later in the toasty sun ... and then collapsed for a captain sofa nap of 90 minutes or so...

Plan to run tomorrow - but we'll see if that materializes early enough.

In related running news, DD plans to do a fall marathon in Baltimore (tentatively - after seeing how training is going for a few weeks). We'll see if it happens .. but if so, she'll be running inspiration for the 3-4 weeks she's back ... Although the only way I'm accompanying her on any long run is on a bike!

So weird about the bike fit, Zoj. Do you notice yourself riding differently on the road? More upright or anything? Enjoy the condo-looking.

SBee - nice catch! (right place/right time).

geo

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Nice rides Geo! How is the bike mileages so far this year? And how exciting about DD’s challenge for her first marathon...!

Zoj - good luck on a condo search in Boston. Housing market (including rental) is kinda crazy.

Friday, I had 2 mile walk. Then after work was the Friday Beer ride. 21miles total.
Sat - Milford Bike Festival. The area mtb association put together this fund raising ride. Some people do all 5 trails, a total 100miles! Our group rode 37miles hitting 3 trails. About 4 hours on a saddle. It was at a “party pace” and I enjoyed the ride! Though I had a few oh sh!t moments. I had a plenty of energy left in the tank at the end. After party was great, a great burger while enjoying fun conversations and a cold one.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7 mile run - about 8:53 pace. I'll take it given it was about 90F when I got back (and didn't walk any of it). Saw some riders in the middle of a popular 1/2 gravel ride of 60+ miles ... painful day for it!

And about 680 miles outside since April, Yo. I think I'm likely to end the 5K streak this year - as commuting may not be starting up again, and also I'm trying to run a bit more consistently. I guess it depends if I bump up long rides a bit, and ever get off my butt to ride early... We'll see..

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Whew Geo - nice job on the ride and run in this HHH weather!

Condo shopping in Boston is very different than in VT. We were going to place an offer on one, but when our agent called the listing agent, she found out that they had an offer and weren't entertaining any others. which is rather odd given the fact that we were there to see the condo and he never said anything to her about having an offer - and he wouldn't answer her questions about it (she put him on speaker). The other one we saw was a tad nicer, but way overpriced. Back to the drawing board.

Today out on the road early for ~31 miles. Still sucked. Feet went numb, felt like I was fighting the bike, etc. Sigh. It is one of our "go to" routes, out and back. I usually do better on the way back (time wise), but not today...and I was slow on the way out. blech. And to answer your question Geo - no not really...which is really frustrating.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Zoj - oh, so you are buying a condo.... it must be a crazy hard under the current hot market.

Geo - nice run! Are you ok to let go of the 5k goal as you run more?

no workout today. We have been ignoring house work for some time due to, well, having too much fun times instead. So we told ourselves Sunday would be dedicated to the housework. We got a lot done! Unfortunately DH accidentally used the indoor paint (living room, deep red color) for the exterior front door... (it was kinda eggplant color) ... ugh.

It was hot!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Its hot here too. On Friday I had been asked to "scout" a place for the swiftwater SAR training on the river that runs past my house (the green) I did this but with the heat wave rivers are rising very fast and this one is very wide now. So Saturday we had training at a creek that rose a foot while we were there. Running around in the 78+ degree heat in a full dry suit plus the previous days took a toll and I got a tremendous leg/side cramp that took a couple hours to resolve..well it still keeps cramping, I have had a lot more cramping since my covid vaccine, and still get hives its very weird.

Anyway tons of rapid swimming, running around and pulling gear. On sunday I joined with Yo figuratively and worked on house and garden, put electrified chicken wire around the bed the prairie dogs had cleaned out. Later working in there I saw a prairie dog jump up, hit the fence then lie stunned on the ground before running away-success!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts