Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About 2/3 of a 1/2 workout. Went on a 56 mile bike ride this morning with the bagelry group. Did have one incident where a rider wasn't feeling particularly good (chest tightness - although that could have been from a gym workout). Seeing as he had a heart attack 7 years ago, decided to play it safe - so called his wife about 1/2 way through the ride and group waited for her to pick him up. Otherwise - the usual convivial crew.

Then went on a mid/late afternoon 12 miler with DD. Brutal! Way hotter than expected, and muggy. Was about to call it at 10, but muscled through the last 2 miles. About 9:11 pace. Now off to eat a big ice cream and have a burger! I won't be moving tomorrow...

Geo.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Nice of you looking after a fellow cyclist, Geo! And run long after that…. High points for you Dad!

We are here at New River Gorge National Park. Enjoying the natural beauty as well as the historical significance. Check out my pictures. What’s not shown is my white water rafting. It was awesome! Class IV mainly. Some hiking today but nothing serious/long. Prob 3 miles or so.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Hiked a few miles to visit old mining site with coal processing plant and coke ovens. 821 stair steps down after steep downhill. Then wandered around the old train station town that played a significant role back in the day. The weather turned out to be better than forecasted. The only thing that got affected was the live theatre show (in the middle of National Park); they got to cancel the show after waiting for an hour due to thunder and hard rain. Watching a stage theatre still has a special place in my heart, reminding me of the days DD acted. 7hrs drive home!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts