Kick Runners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50 minutes Nordic Track for me (5.5 nordic miles). Bit longer (10 minutes) and slower than workouts so far. Tomorrow, hope to pop on Zwift for a metric century-ish with an old co-worker. We'll see how the social thing goes...

DD arrived safely from DC for the next 2.5 weeks ... nice long stretch with company.

Otherwise, decent walk with the dog, flurry of house-cleaning, and cleaning my precious (so I guess it's now officially on the trainer for the winter)...

Also - watched that "Prom" movie last night (Streep, Corden, Kidman, and Keye (I think)). Alas, a slight disappointment (very hectic, too MANY musical numbers I think - even though its heart and message were in the right place ... and it was touching at times).

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Nice to have your DD back for a good stretch of the holiday season,Geo. Prom got on my list to watch this morning. Looking forward to it.

Nothing today. Rain pretty much all day. I spent a bit too much time on a PC, working on year-end financial stuff...before I knew it, it was close to 4pm. We got together with A&C for combined birthday, on their outside patio.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yo the EP has an optional wifi enabled thing driven by an App when it works you can program a whole workout of as many hours as you want with a variety of intervals and a pace clock should display the pacing however it doesn't work. Yet another EP fail, it once worked and then it stopped and then it got dumped out of the App store. EP acts like oh surprise but other owners told me they alerted them some time ago...sigh. In the meantime there is an option to manually control the speed of the EP however the manual control just gives a % of output and you have to keep stopping and getting the remote out to set it. Not terrible but not great. As I acclimate to it I am begging to be able to write out workouts as %. First I want to work up out an hour of swimming with no pains.

The year end paperwork is stressing me and the uncertainty of it all! I have had a few of these at the PC all day things.

Geo glad DD is home! That's a fast time on the Nordic track vs my "nordic track" I did 8 statute miles in @ 2:45 my track is the snow machine trial but some people are still trying to drive cars and jeeps on it, I noticed the vehicles had Utah and temp plates. Both vehicles got stuck after messing up the trail... I've been working on waxing I found the skis would slip a little uphill on the rutted icy parts but stuck a little on the fresh snow on the side so thats probably about right...day was pretty but cold. My swix tights that are windproof in the front were not good with the tail wind coming back. I had to wrap my puffy around my butt. I was passed both directions by 2 snow machiners, one stopped on the way back to ask if I added the bright puffy to be sure they saw me.. hah!

Today, sunday I am about to start my zoom yoga wall class. I told SO its past time he get off his butt and that he would not matter what go for 1 hour outside with me. Well its warmed up to 0 degrees and the wind is blowing. Yo's rainstorm is making its way across the valley in the form of more snow this afternoon so maybe he gets off (or maybe he gets into the EP).

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hi gang!
3 days off this weekend - but tons of walking! Great time with BF on Friday getting shopping done, some stores were limiting customers and others weren't. I didn't stay long in those that weren't.

Saturday was cleaning and decorating, making cookie dough and more errands.

Today - still more errands (groceries this time), dog walk and getting the house decorating finished. Heading out to get the tree in a bit.

SB- that totally sux. Doesn't make me even want to look at an EP (not that I have anywhere to put one!)

Geo - nice to have DD home! and good to hear about your sister...

Yo - sounds like you are doing good!

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Wow, this thread has been busy!

SB - well, if the wireless setup works, that’s pretty cool! You have already conquered lots of EP headaches so I’m confident you will get the wireless variable speed function work!

Zoj - sounds like you got a lot done this weekend!

A 5-mile book return run with DH right before it got dark. Microwave and one of the vacuum cleaners broke down. DH trying to fix both. He amazes me with his skills to fix things... this microwave issue is giving him some challenges, though!

Another week will start....

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well ... managed to do 32 in Zwift (friend picked the shorter route). Never did manage to find him on course, and when I was about 7 miles in - the network blipped and I was riding all by myself in an empty Watopia. Tried to hook up with another friend for 10 later, and that didn't work. Ah well - sure I'll get the social aspect down sooner or later! Also went on a couple of short walks with dog.

DD also tried her hand at Zwifting with DW's road bike. Gears seemed to skip quite a bit, but managed to find 3 gears that worked - so she'll probably have a few goes on it before heading back after Xmas...

Other than that, usual covid weekend of a few errands (shopping), tv watching. Got to start reading more!

SB - lots of patience! Can you imagine being an Olympian trying to work there way into shape for the games on it? What surprises me is that you would think it would be a mature product by now (that is - I think they've been around for quite a while?). Seems like long enough to work out all the kinks you've been experiencing anyway. I assume they don't have much competition, however...

Geo

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yo the problem is that the setup requires the app to communicate and create workouts. There is currently no google app it was reportedly pulled from the App store because it didn't' work any more. EP got the Ap from a 3rd party. So I foresee a very long delay, there is nothing I can do about it. Well possibly 1 thing.. there is an app working on the previous apple ios. I do not have an apple device but if I could find a slightly older one that hadn't' been updated THEN I could (allegedly) get the app form the apple store however if the device is updated to the current ios it wont' work. People are paying an extra several hundred dollars for this and relying on it for the experience...

I've fixed a vacuum but never a microwave, very impressive even if it doesn't work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts