Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats on the AG place, Zoj!

Saturday was the bagelry ride for me. Nice 60+ miler down the beach and back inland, fb 90 minutes or so mowing the lawn (after a long nap!).

Today was a 10.2 mile run (well - more like 9.9 with walking). Slow - but not easy (did not avoid high humidity and 80F temps). Ended up about 9:30's including the walk breaks. May go kayaking later.

Geo

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It seems like we'll be in this smoke situation until winter. More people who planned to come out to backpack are changing their minds. Its on again off again, with "unhealthy for all groups" air sat am then green "healthy" by midafternoon" and back to yellow unhealthy for sensitive groups by evening.
Like your Rain geo only less desirable. I hope everyone else is having a spectacular Sunday! I'll try not to whine since i had such a nice run of winter weather.--one little whine I would like to see more federal interest in addressing fires and smoke, I feel like the little tweaks to be green are nothing against the vast fires of the west.
I went to meet friends camping by New Fork lake and brought my whitewater boat thinking we would sit around in the bad air wiht our P100 masks and maybe splash in the water and if it cleared I'd check out my new paddle. In the meantime they decided to leave because the conditions were just so bad and we missed each other by a few minutes. So I headed out wiht my mask on the water in my little whitewater kayak. Got to the upper lake and explored an inlet always wanted to see. Of course as I turned to go back the wind whipped up. It cleared the smoke but made it tough going. At one point I passed a motorized fishing boat that couldn't make headway through the narrows, they ended up getting out and pushing the boat.
Total of 6 miles paddled in a little whitewater boat no idea what that's equivalent to! Lots harder than a sea kayak!

Of course after that the smoke moved right back in. Did you go kayaking Geo?

On Friday I was searching around for more ideas for my foot. It seems like I'm stuck in my usual place where I had already done a lot to help myself and then hurt myself by working around the problem. Shots don't fully relieve the neuroma and my natural ability to work around pain cause me to further injure my foot without noticing it. Docs going for the slow step by step interventions for a basic neuroma will probably take a year to exhaust conventional treatment. I'm impatient, I found a trainer in NY who worked on her own neuroma by retraining herself to take stress on her body differently. I've been fiddling wiht that on my own without much success since I have all these other limits so I ended up talking to her Saturday and singing up for a month on virtual training to see if I can find a solution that way.

SO now I have to do a bunch of videos for assessment and dig up some of my missing training gear. It fits well wiht the realization I need to set up indoor training until the smoke is gone. I have to drag the bike and trainer out in the guest room and do a lot of reorganizing and straightening then searching for kettlebells in the barn.
Wish me luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts