Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to keep the daily going Zoj. Was a tough week for exercise (but good music club!). Was planning to go to the play on Thursday PM, but it was cancelled due to COVID. Too damned hot to get out there though.

Went on a bagelry ride of 2.5 people today (one guy dropped off earlier). Me and the other guy finished off the route ... tough one with about 4000 feet of climbing over 60+ miles. Was definitely not feeling it ... struggled to just keep it at 15 mph. Ran out of energy / bonked near end. Made it through - but definitely did not end strong...

geo

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Sorry to ghost you all! I had a whole trip report post but never could get it finished. We had a tremendous thunderstorm/hail/wind etc fri-sat. We had planned on a 5 day birthday backpack for my new little group of 3 but changed out minds and then changed again and now I'm headed out from Burnt lake in the middle winds to search for Coyote lake, we should be back mid day on Tuesday! There is solid fog in the valley at the moment reminding me of my birthday swim 3 years ago that I delayed for the fog to lift looking behind me I see snow again on the north facing upper slopes probably @ 10,000 feet. I guess "fall" is here and its a chilly 33 degrees at the house so I'm stuffing a little bit of warmer gear into the backpack.. I hope to get back on rosie the gravel bike before its too cold out! See you all next week

·
Registered
8,369 Posts
Yea, Zoi thx for keeping the daily going (= keeping us together)!!

Sounds really tough ride, Geo! Wait to get it done!

SB - bot the weather there seems to be the #1 factor to make any find of decision. Stay safe. And not terribly surprised to hear you say fall is there. I now watch the weather in the Teton very closely..

7 miles hike with backpack near Lansing MI ( in case you forgot it’s the Michigan capital). DH had a scout meeting in the AM, so met up afterwards and hiked nearby park. Was asked three times if we were training for something. No bugs bothering us m, maybe thanks to the hiking clothes that were treated permethrin.

Shoulder - for dry needling on Friday. Appeared to be helping. But first time I felt backpack kinda bothered it, which is concerning. I reached out to PA I saw in Feb about getting another steroid shot. She suggested I would come see her. My PT is not a big fan of getting another shot..and I am kind of torn….

1 - 3 of 3 Posts