Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Good Bagelry Ride this AM (65 mile route with lots of climbing - 3500+ feet or so). GPS went haywire and said I had gone 2700 miles for the workout. Off to SIL's memorial service later today.

Geo

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Nice long ride, Geo! Hope the memorial service is full of good stories remembering your SIL.

We were supposed to go for a ride this morning. But around 3am DH woke me up being in a terrible pain with his back. He had a hard time walking. He had a sore back during the Friday ride but apparently it got really bad. We even thought of going to ER. Luckily with ice and muscle relaxer, he was able to walk (and eventually did some house work). Boy it scared the beep out of me. It even crossed my mind if we woke need to cancel the Hawaii trip…. I’m hoping he continues to recover quickly - we are leaving next Wed..!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
3000yd open water swim! First time since the scary experience 3 weeks ago. My back got sore toward the end. I guess a lack of core engagement. This happens every year at the beginning of open water swim season. Surprised to see a 3-weeks of a little swimming caused this. DH even walk/ran a bit around the lake. So relieved to see his back getting better quickly. So Thursday night he worked hard to fix a flag pole at his church. That prob did hurt hi back.

Also 4-5 hours later, rode my Pony to pick up a meds. 40min. My calf was getting cramped up during this time. This really shows me hot and humid weather require me to hydrate more throughout a day. Feels like lots of stuff I could tolerate in my younger days, I can’t any longer. Series of discoveries or realization, I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts