Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a good week. SIL went downhill rapidly and passed on Thursday AM. By all accounts, at peace with the end - and seen by lots of friends/family in the last week. I think DW's processing will take a while. Seemed fairly accepting on day of, but up and down since then. She's having many people reach out to her, which helps. On a brighter side, long-delayed family wedding coming up next week (my sister's son) - so a bit of joy. DS will be up for the week to attend the wedding and visit us - which also will help. He's had a promising job lead (just had 3rd interview) - so hope to hear good news on the re-employment front. Life goes on.

Took most of the week off (W/Th/Fri) due to oppressive heat, emotional beat-down, and general physical exhaustion. Today got out with the bagelry crew for 50+ miles of back-roads meandering. Still hot.

Hope to get back to a long run tomorrow.

Glad you're feeling a bit more normal, Yo.

Geo

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was meant to go for an 11 mile run, but hit a little over mile 8 and felt a blow-up coming on (even though pace wasn't too bad until that point - 8:43). Decided to cut my losses, stop running, and walk the last couple of miles home instead of pushing through. Felt a little bad - as I probably could have finished - but probably wiser. Ah well.

DS coming home today - which will be nice.

Geo.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
So sorry for your loss Geo. It must have been very difficult for DW… hope DS coming home helps to ease her pain a bit. And the wedding. Life goes on, indeed. Cherish all the moments.
And keep fingers crossed for DS’s new job.

Friday night, our beer ride was a success. I was happy to be able to ride albeit slowly. No drink tho. 21miles.
Saturday, I accompanied DH running long (15?) on my Pony. Peeled off after 10miles or so. Just didn’t feel good. A friend called about the Tigers vs Indians tickets, so decided to go in stead of planned Art festival nearby town. Wasn’t too excited to go because of 4:30 am wake up call on the following day but YOLO came to my mind. With Miguel Cabrera’s 500th home run on a plate, we decided to go. (He didn’t hit a home run).
Sunday, volunteering at swim to the moon 5/10k race. I took a medical deferral in exchange of volunteering and DH was kind enough to join me. He kayaked for like 4-hrs accompanying some struggling 10k swimmers. The 10k winner was bronze medal winner from 2000 Olympic (UofM graduate). Love watching swimmers.
Stopped by A&C’s lake house for some fun time. I swam 15min in their lake with DH kayaking (again). Felt ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts