Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slacking the last two days - and weather not helpful. Didn't get much snow, but enough to tromp down the flowers and just generally be yuck (all gone now though). So - not much beyond dog walking ... Today got out for a solo 44 mile beach ride. Got sprinkled on a bit and was generally cool and not feeling it, so cut the planned 50 short by a few. Also did errands, puttered around house, and ended up getting appliances from some local store instead of a big box (just basic stuff - coil burner stove, regular top freezer fridge, dishwasher - that will hopefully last for a few years, but given how cheaply stuff is made these days - probably not).

Tomorrow catching up with sister and her kids at a state park south of Boston.

Hope DD feels better, Yo!

geo

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Sounds like a successful Sat Geo! Hope you had a good time with extended family!

My Friday post had disappeared. I did regular 3000yd during lunch time. A ladder workout,100-200-300-400-500-400, etc. with different combo like 3x100, 2x200 pull. I hit 1:37-38 for 100yds. That’s like 5yrs ago me. Felt awesome. And evening I spent a few hrs getting ready for a bike packing trip, as a shakedown as Fargo Sub-48 is coming up at the end of this month. First day 44miles with 3300ft of climbing....

A good riding friend who shares birthday with me and I rode 40miles mainly dirt road to a campsite, with all the gears. 2200ft IV climbing. Beautiful day. We had lots of laughs and it was awesome. Campsite she booked was great. We rolled in around 2:30 as planned. I took a DH’s hammock this time. Set it up and chilled for a while. Then rode 5miles away town for a dinner. We rode with empty panniers so we carried back a 6-pack and two bundles of firewood from the town!! Nice campfire and calm night by a lake. 50miles and we were tired.
Boy the hammock was a bust. So much harder to change clothes in it, all the stuff in a hammock were all over me just couldn’t get comfortable. Couldn’t believe DH use this in 20F camping. This morning, after a chit of coffee and slow start, rode in the same town on our way out, had a nice breakfast wrap and another cup of coffee, stoped by another town for a quick cookie break and we rode 43miles. We both felt pretty strong! My bike with all the stuff weighed 52lbs. The real trip is in two week, it will be fun! She and a few others are also doing 7-day long trip from Pittsburg to DC(?) in July. Unfortunately my Battle of Waterloo race (one race I do care) is in the middle of it and I can’t go.

Now next three days I have a global meeting, 6am-9am x 3 days.... hope I survive!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts