Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ... did not get expected rain this morning, but I'd already psyched myself up for a letdown and wet weather, so slept too late for the Bagelry ride. Ended up going out myself later for a 35 mile loop around the bay. Also got the giant warehouse club trip in, managed to change a shower head without issue, and got dog walks and play in. Darkness is coming in fast these days (got back at about 6:40 pm with lights on and dark by 7). Not much else exciting planned for the weekend. Hope to get in an 8-10 mile run tomorrow, depending on motivation level - other than that usual grocery shopping, and maybe dipping the kayak in the water again. Oh - and wildlife of the day was a black squirrel. Poor dog is tortured by the parade of squirrel, chipmunks, deer (and the bear) that have been spurred into activity as fall arrives.

Geo

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Sounds like you had a productive day, Geo!

GirlYaks’ Kayak Camping today. Grey sky in the morning gave into a beautiful afternoon, though it was a bit chilly for a middle of Sept. Nice relaxed morning then launched about 2:30ish. About 4.5 miles on Huron River with 9 others. Water level was high and some obstacles in the water. Biggest excitement was to go under this bridge..it almost took some of us damped into water as the water was so high. A BF of an organizer brought firewood to this boat-in only campsite - we enjoyed great campfire :). My new one-person tent is so far so good :).

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope you ducked, Yo! That must be a lot of fun - going with a bunch of gfs.

Happy birthday, Zoj!

As for me - didn't get out on the kayak - but did motivate myself to go for a 9 mile run, so go me (pretty good as well - about 8:35 pace split between Strava and MMR). Ibuprofen and self-massage with massage gizmo afterwards. We'll see if I can walk tomorrow :)

geo

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Happy birthday Zoj!!!! Hope you enjoyed the special weekend!

And Geo, yeah you rock! Have you signed up for a half?

2nd day for the kayak trip. Very nice relaxed morning around the fire. We didn’t start picking until like 11:30…. We had only 1.5miles or so to the end where two trucks were parked. A few decided to call it a day at the point. But the rest dropped off some loads and ventured out further. And oh my the second bridge crossing. We were well prepared for this! So many trees were down and finally about 1 mile out, we came to this pile of down trees where we said, ok that was enough, as we knew we had to paddle against the current to the point of our trucks were…. And going under the bridge again. One GF was super close to get damped. Can you imagine you go literally lying down in kayak so low while paddling against the current under the bridge…. We are cooking an idea of almost 100miles of kayaking from the beginning to the end of this river which ends in Lake Erie. Section by section over maybe 3-4 weekends next year. I need to buy a kayak by then…. So far I’m always borrowing someone’s….

1 - 5 of 5 Posts