Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for the bagelry ride. Not bad at first, but heat built pretty quickly (although we touched on the coast). One of those rides where we got broken up into various groups - so kind of a coordination cluster-f by the time we were 30-40 miles in. Heat definitely affected the ride - with some straggling (including me at times), and cramping etc. Still ... made it home (63 miles total for me) - at a little over 17 mph (excluding stops obvs). Not bad ...

Might pull out the kayaks later with DW and hit the water later in the day or tomorrow...

Stay safe all.

geo

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Nice job Geo - brutal out there for sure!

The canceled/postponed the Boston Tri scheduled for tomorrow. They are looking to reschedule it on August 21.

Out on the road early with DH to get our long ride done. Still dealing with sitbone issues, so my distance would be dictated by pain level lol...DH's bike is still in the shop so he went out on the bike he's been using on the trainer. He made it the first part, but then finished up on the trainer. No aerobars on this bike and the fit is off a bit, not noticeable on the trainer, but uncomfortable on the road. I ended up with 36 miles. I'll take it!

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Nice rides to you both! How hot is it getting there? I think we reached only 89F today, a bit lower than it has been.

forgot to post on Friday - 20 miles total Beer Ride. A nice mimosa and meatloaf slider in the middle.
Today was 5 mile run around nearby lake and stopped by the Tree Farm relay where crazy fun was by all. We didn’t ride this year, we should have. Lots of happy riders faces.

I started a pt for my shoulder. I GOT TO stick with exercises!!

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Yes ma'am!! I will. I will!

PT exercises in the morning. Then spent a few hours, organizing our backpacking prep area and packed our gears (90% done) for our Teton trip in a few weeks. This is a good feeling - I hate the last minute packing. And with the packs, we did about 10miles. 43lbs (DH) and 35 lbs (myself) are more than we hoped to carry.... and we haven't even packed the electronics (i.e. solar panel, powerpack, etc). I think there is little room for further weight reductions. Got to go through everything with fine combs I guess. My 42F degree sleepingbag prob not going to be enough so I plan on take my 0 degree bag (I don't have anything between... I thought about buying one but it wouldn't save much weight nor volume compared to my 0 degree bag...) The biggest item is the bearcan. Not every campsite has bearbox or bear pole, we will have to carry own own bear can. One isn't enough for 5-day foods for both of us, so we have to carry one each.
It was hot and muggy, and full of bugs.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
quick thoughts for yo...if money is no object..I take a feathered friends 20 degree quilt all summer its super light packs small and warm at 20 degrees (when we woke up this am our laundry was all frozen stiff but I and another using the same quilt were warm). You might consider an Ursak for the first days and bear can for the later days. I've been workign on reducing the size of my food so it fits in smaller cans & bags...you can always email if you want more ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts