Kick Runners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all! 40 mile ride - first group ride of the year. Low 17's average. Great to get out with the gang again... There was a 12 year old who did the whole thing ... dragged the average age of the group way down! Through Epping, Fremont (Doug E. Fresh territory), and other small NH towns ...

Geo.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Geo - nice! I'm sure you showed he 12-yr old how it gets done!

7miled this morning. Felt like I needed to run more but telling myself there wouldn't much gain from here on. Still I will hit >35 miles this week. Stomach is still weird. Ulcer from stress, maybe. Debating to see a Doc on Monday....
Now I'm at DS's track meet (running 1600m) but I may have to leave before his run because DD (who is taking ACT as we speak) is participating the State's Solo & ensemble competition in a few hours.
Very stressful times for DD.....

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yo Sake sounds like a very stressful time for Mom-take it easy!
I had a choppy 2 mile swim with a newer swimmer who veered off with another group so we were lost form each other for a bit at which point I saw a 7gill shark. I'm feeling tired and draggy thinking of bagging the long ride tomorrow and just sticking with my short 20 milers every other day til I leave town 9metric century next weekend and its a ride not a race).

I just learned an insane texas biz trip next month might allow me to enter an aquabike event with a good friend so now I'm not quite as determined to kill the trip.

Geo do you remember when we were those young kids? Seems like yesterday and never its fun to get on the road with them though!

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Sparty - sounds like a good run!

5 miles this morning, nice and easy. DD received "Excellent" in both solo and duet yesterday. Unfortunately DS's 1600 wasn't that good. He said he felt horrible and ran 5:2x. Well, first race this season.

Pretty excited to watch Boston tomorrow. Alaska Mike, Thor, cak(?), Adam (?) who else running?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
One of these days I must get to Boston to spectate, I used to pass out orange slices when I was a little kid!
2+ mile bumpy ow swim today, we have an upwelling and chop. We too a long (@ 1 mile) leg against the current, about 1/2 way back I lost my "pod" swam in solo to the bathrooms, came back out and had to swim back out to find them each took a different approach to the adverse current which got us very far form eachother, everyone else promised to do better next time (since I was the leader they should have been behind me).

Now time for landscaping and packing

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Long weekend, big spike in riding

Sat 5.5 hour ride @ IMOO - 2 loops. Realized in all these years, I've never done 2! Lots of 1s and Many 1 + something but never 2 full loops. Did with 2 different groups, only 1 person rode with me for both. Good stuff.

Sun 3.5 hour ride in the second hilliest area, not as much of a drive, but pavement is terrible. Crotchbuster for sure but some screaming descents. FIB 45min run which actually didn't suck. Actually, I was faster than normal and on a hilly course. AMAZED because my only other brick this year was a complete suckfest.

Huge confidence builder.

Reactions: Muffin Queen

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hi all - remember me? Been too long...

DD and I ran the BAA 5K yesterday - with a field of over 10K, no way it would be any kind of "race" for me, plus, I wanted to stick with DD...she did well on next to no training...AND she loved it! Wants to do it again next year. :)

Finally got my bike on a trainer...only took 4+months for it to come in! Reacquainting myself with my bike....40 minutes today...

Good luck to all of those who are running Boston tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Friday I did in fact not get in a workout but did workout over the weekend.

Saturday: 1 hour run for 5 miles Zone 2 run then funeral ate most of the rest of the day time wise. More unpacking etc...
Sunday: ! hour 45 min ride on trainer. Felt good about. Hope to hit the roads next week. Switched to road bike on kickr so tri bike is ready to rock it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts