We are all here waiting impatiently to see what weather arrives. It was very warm this afternoon and alternately sunny/cloudy and gusty winds from the north. The track for the race is over run by partying snow machiners its an open course so this could be pretty bad if it continues. The track is pretty torn up making me happier about my shorter distance choice. I will also be using my heavier boots and skis on the choppy mess. I am just not sure what wax I need, with the time change we're already getting up an extra hour early but I’ll be up a bit earlier yet to see if there is new snow or iced down old snow. I have a base of multigrade blue. The wind is gusting hard... I did a loosen up 3 mile x-c ski this afternoon amongst the “hold my beer” crowd.