Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are all here waiting impatiently to see what weather arrives. It was very warm this afternoon and alternately sunny/cloudy and gusty winds from the north. The track for the race is over run by partying snow machiners its an open course so this could be pretty bad if it continues. The track is pretty torn up making me happier about my shorter distance choice. I will also be using my heavier boots and skis on the choppy mess. I am just not sure what wax I need, with the time change we're already getting up an extra hour early but I’ll be up a bit earlier yet to see if there is new snow or iced down old snow. I have a base of multigrade blue. The wind is gusting hard... I did a loosen up 3 mile x-c ski this afternoon amongst the “hold my beer” crowd.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
SB - sounds like a nasty storm is heading that way.... good luck! And hoping those crazy 100milers are staying safe.

what a day....40miles paved road ride on my Pony with G3 gangs. It was fun and beautiful day. Took off early from the refueling stop (as usual, a brewery) to head home due to a commitment. That is, to bring a pedal boat and jet dock that got loose due to high wind from A&C waterfront of the lake they live on. DH and I were recruited because our superb fitness level lol. Anyway, got to their lake, found where the boat which was tied on top of the jet dock was. Put the boat off the dock into water, tied the dock behind the pedal boat and towed. OMG. The wind was heavy against us and the boat didn’t move fast. It took us for 1.5hrs of hard pedaling!!!! You know how poorly the pedals are positioned on those boats. And if one of us takes a break, wind would push us back. And steering thing wasn’t working well so we had to do some zigzagging. I think running marathon would have been easier. We were exhausted!! They fed us a nice dinner and we had a good time. It’s all good :).

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Hope the race organizers are sensible SB! If you did compete today, hope you are no worse for wear other than physically spent.

Good story, Yo! Good to know your hard training pays off for things :)

Was a slacker yesterday (well - ran errands, stacked some wood, walked with dog, etc). Today was a Zwift race - 26.1 miles. in 58 minutes - so a good effort. Finished 8/18 in B-cat; 20/40 overall. Third in category was only 3 seconds ahead - so podium one of these days :)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hi gang!
Skiing Sunday with the fam. Tried DH's skis (two different pairs). Not a fan of one, loved the other...dropped some not so subtle hints about him getting me a pair....lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts