Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got you beat by about 10 degrees, Yo :) Cold bagelry ride today (at least at the start). Mid 20's... definitely time for lobster mitts and shoe covers.

Did manage 55 or so miles on pleasant route through Portsmouth, Kittery, Eliot, South Berwick etc etc. Small group (5 or 6). One rider who comes with us intermittently has done 65!!! Centuries this year (and he's in his mide-60s). Closing in on 10K for the year. Very impressive!

Otherwise going to be a quiet weekend. Bought a rug cleaner, so we'll see how that works out (new area rug going in front room after WAY too many years). Also, new Oral-B electric toothbrushes. A whole lot of excitement around these parts!

Yesterday's movie was an odd one with Bill Nighy (who we both like), called Sometimes, Always, Never ... very quirky, but visually striking. Sort of a British Wes Anderson film. Also had Jenny Agutter in it, who in my youth was very hubba-hubba; now she just reminds me that we're all getting old :).

Geo.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Nice ride in the frigid temp! Oral-B toothbrush - I was just looking at mine and impressed it lasts so many years… more than 10+ yrs for sure.

A morning walk for about an hr to pick up the DD’s car after its windshield replacement. The leg pain continues…. Really weird. I don’t seem to be a kind that would get leg blood clot.. but a bit concerned. The rest of the day kinda got away….

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Got in a BRICK yesterday am before heading into Worcester canal district for their "Fall Stroll" - multiple businesses participate with give aways, raffles, discounts etc. Gorgeous day for it too. BRICK was 30 min on the trainer, then longest T1 ever, followed by 1.6 mile run. No expectations with it other than to get one done. T-5 weeks till my race in Daytona.

Today - heading into Boston to clean out more of DD's apartment.

Yo - I have been wearing contacts since HS. Over 40 years. I couldn't wear them for a week so they could measure my eyes for my upcoming cataract surgery. Hope your leg pain goes away...why do you think it could be a clot?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Well I am still recovering from the side effects of the stupid failed procedure 2 1/2 week sago. I've caved to demands and am doing a steroid pack so no sleep for me. I think the pain is letting up but the steroids make me too loopy to be sure. I did a careful yoga class today and have been doing a little walking every day. Had a big trip to Idaho Falls earlier this week got to go to stores like costco where i bought heads for my 10 yo oral b electric toothbrush, very exciting here too!

Yo I hope you find the answer, mine always seems ot be an activated or entrapped nerve. I think that's better than a clot?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts