Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up for a frigid start to the Bagelry ride (mid-20s). Thankfully no wind! Pleasant 54 miles with three other hardy souls. The de facto group leader knows a lot of local history and is always pointing out a point of interest or two along the way...

Hoping to pick up another trainer tomorrow for DW - to give her something else to do other than elliptical over the winter. Got one last year at some point, but we ended up giving it to our son to use during his ACL rehab. The one I'm looking at is still wheel-on, but should be better than the TACKX we passed on to him.

DS/gf touched down in London this early AM ... hope he has fun!

Geo.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Wow that’s impressive Geo! I don’t mind Riding in the woods at the temp but out in the open area with speed…brrr. Aren’t we crazy?! And wish a nice safe trip for your kids!

2250yds swim with lots of drills. L shoulder is ok and good enough for me to do some sprint workout like 50 x6. As long as 2x per week, I think my shoulder can handle it. Of course I have to keep up with the exercises!
FIB a breakfast with the team (swimming at two different pools but come together at the breakfast joint). FIB visiting A&C’s upholstery shop to meet their new puppy. So cute :).

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Geo - no thanks...bike is safely in the basement for the duration...

SB - that sux, on all fronts. hope your swelling goes away soon!

So typical protocol is 5 days of isolation. Then, after 5 days, if symptoms are improving, you can go out as long as you wear a good mask (like N95) - that's for another 5 days. If you want to ditch the mask sooner, you need to have two negative tests 48 hours apart, after the 5 days of isolation....which only brings it in one day...Now with paxlovid, I can ditch the mask as early as Monday since I am finishing the meds today. But again, for me, that only saves me 2 days tops with a mask in public. (all from the CDC website)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Geo the first year here I tried to ride through the cold but my legs would get too cold. This year the cold got too cold way too fast so I envy you!
Swelling is somewhat improved but still hurts :( went on a nice 2 mile afternoon walk in the cold booked lfights for a post xmas east coast trip!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
usual dog walk in the morning and then just bumming around today. Did get the bathrooms cleaned and have been wiping and spraying everything down just in case since the kids are coming home tonight. Their flights have been delayed - thinking because of the storms near Buffalo...

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
SB - keeping fingers crossed swelling Fors down soon. With the seriously cold temp, riding outside appears to be just too dangerous there unless you have a group of riders with you.

Zoj - that (getting up and doing some cleaning) sounds encouraging, feeling better :).

it was low 20F with windchill prob low teens. But woods (even without leaves) was protective and sunny blue sky helped our group ride! 6, original “going” went down to 3 but still it was fun. And my main reason was to meet up with a friend and try her fat bike. Well, it’s a no go. It’s 11-yrs old fattie and though low price, prob not what I want. I did ride tho 13miles. Phew that’s a lot of bike…. Will keep looking. Or thinking to investigate how fat wheels would fit ion my Pony.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Sunday was Moose day! Swelling continued to slowly go down so I went up the slope in the late afternoon I saw a heard of Elk and then 8 sperate moose of various sizes.I guess they decided it was time to move into the area. Snow is getting dried out and sugary here from too many cold dry days. It blows around in a huge cloud and leaves some areas dry and others deeply drifted. We need more moisture!! I also finished my wall yoga class.
Are any of "us" here in the Boston area? I may head there in a bit ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts