Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, starting the weekend thread Sunday morning! Must be lots of busy schedules and good training going on!

Yesterday I did Piyo core and went to my Carribean Dance class. Getting ready now to head out on my long run, just a beautiful sunny fall day for it, I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Yesterday I did some trail running- 2.5 miles. I followed that up with a nice 22 mile bike ride.
Today we're headed up to the mountains for some more trails and a picnic!

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday I did some trail running- 2.5 miles. I followed that up with a nice 22 mile bike ride.
Today we're headed up to the mountains for some more trails and a picnic!
Picnic sounds great!

10 Miles DONE. Felt great, score!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yesterday I swam a few miles in an ocean with competing sets of swell I thought the surf was somewhat wimpy but I saw a few folks who got scratched up form being in the wrong place at the wrong time, never turn your back on the ocean!
I then went bicycle "looking". I was most interested in confirming my size in a "modern road bike" for my rental bike next month. I have some interest in considering the purchase of a road bike so I can train in more comfort and tackle the steep hills (I've been avoiding them on the tri bike but that limits my riding choices). I didn't have much luck, my preferred lbs is changing ownership and although they said they'd be open they weren't, the warehouse store had the typical guy who doesn't really know about bikes, well perhaps mountain bikes but not road. He also had a broken arm so he was having trouble doing much. I ended up simply test riding bikes until I found the general dimensions that worked which also gave me a @ 10 mile ride in 2-3 mile increments.

Today I am surrounded by events the Mission Bay Sprint tri has been moved west, the RnR marathon moved east effectively cutting me off to the south with road closures fo rhte 2 events, the local airshow impacts the remaining easterly route. I can go north (through some construction detours) and I will likely do that later for a swim, in the mean time I'll do my neglected yard chores.

My back is stiff from test riding, I may need to stay in the more bent over "race" position even on road machines to protect my messed up tail bone and lower back so perhaps I just have to train harder and climb those mountains on the tri bike!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
You could always go up to Nytro to check out bikes. I haven't bought a bike from there, but I have the sense that they know what they are doing. Besides, I love the smell of fresh bike tires in the morning!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
2.2 miles of run/walk yesterday. Ended up with a fever last night and feel like there is a porcupine attached to my tonsils today. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well its off topic but I'll just have a cheery conversation here...Hah TASM, I keep thinking about Nytro, its where my tri bike came from. They are more tri than road these days (and yes they are along the one open path to me today). I think I will go tomorrow but I must chose, north to Nytro or south to a newer place called Moment. I often need to go to offices near Moment and seldom go near Nytro, but they did pretty well by me for that tri bike, well if I go I'll probably end up having to buy a bike. They do the new bike smell well!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Ugh, Sparty, feel better.
Julie - nice run!
Tammy, that sounds like a perfect fall weekend!

5 steamy miles yesterday - planned 20 but switched that to Sunday when I walked out the door. Rainy and humid, almost 70 degrees. Felt awful. But... Temps dropped and dry winds blew in throughout the day and our annual bonfire party (Matt's masters swim team) was a big hit. Felt nervous about putting off 20 mile run after a day of party prep, then a night of beer and party food, but something clicked and 20 miles today felt good. Lower temps helped. Held 9-9:20 act through most until the last 6 miles of flat and rollers along the river then increased the pace to 8:15ish. Awesome run, so thankful to have it done. Only dark spot was someone took my water bottle I planted along the route. Was there since Fri night since I was supposed to run Sat, and maybe I didn't hide it well enough. Oh well, not hot and humid so I didn't really miss it.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Julie / Beth - awesome job running!
TT - sounds like a fun day!
TASM - good to see your post!

Had a fantastic time visiting my parents in Japan. My sister and her DD came over to join us for a lunch and some serious catch-up. Had some important conversation with them about aging parents' future plan, etc which is always in my mind. Felt really good about where they are at. My dad (75) was so proud of purchasing a serious "geared" bike a few days ago and start riding on some country roads. He still teaches 10 classes of Taichi a week. I see a lot of myself in him. My mother took me to her vegetable garden (5min walk) in poring rain and showed me all kinds of stuff she is growing.

Typhoon 18 is hitting Japan hard and much of public transportation near Tokyo came to stop and I am in the middle of 6 hrs of being stuck/killing time at the Tokyo station. Thx God for free wifi and face time. Flying to south Japan. A few more days of meetings....

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Catching up for me.
Beth and Julie: Nice running!
Yoshi: Must be nice to visit family. Hope the typhoon is not too devastating to those in the midst of it.
Sparty: Feel better.
Swimmerbee: How did the bike stuff go? Why do you think you can't climb hills on a tri bike?
TASM: Hang tough. You go this. Minor bump in the road for you. Believing in good karma for you.

Friday: Nothing.
Saturday: DOR Errands and powderkeg beer and chili fest with friends. GOOD Times! Should be a LIT meet up spot/event.
Sunday: 8 mile run. I ran with hubster. Ended up at sub 10 pace and felt heavy in the beginning but felt fabulous at the end. Kept practicing nutrition. Think I have a better idea what I need to do when. Fingers crossed for a 4:45 Sunday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts