Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome back Zoj!! Sounds like a great time in west! And congrats on AG award!

Yay SB!

Friday - a beer ride has happened again :). With other couple and one more rider. No drink for me but a good food. Happy to be able to ride.

Sat - swam open water. DH running around perimeter of the lake. Only 2 lengths but felt ok.

So, Dr visit - she doesn’t think the partially paralyzing incident had nothing to do with cardiovascular or neurological issues. Electrolytes imbalance and too much Co2. Pushed myself above the body’s limit I guess. The headache has nothing to do with the incident she says. Tension type of headache. The timing of the increased headache coincides with riding different bikes (with head being lift up). I recall my neck/shoulder was killing me after BoW. Anyway I will have to work on neck exercises. I have an appo with neurologist in Oct so if regular exercises don’t help then I can seek next step.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Well - that's re-assuring news Yo. Glad to see that you have the answer RE the temporary paralysis anyway. And you'll have to show pics of your new, buffed neck! :)

Crap week for me exercise-wise. After the hike on Tuesday, I had a wedding to attend on Wednesday PM (nephew on my side). All-in-all, a pleasant affair. They got married on a riverboat cruising around a lake in Maine. Got to see the family, and good to see nephew finally tie knot with GF (they have a 3yo daughter together). Thursday, ended up going out to dinner with DS/DW - didn't have the energy to exercise before in the heat. Yesterday, started to get a head-cold, which has me laid pretty low today (lots of sniffing, coughing, stuffed head). Generally good for one of those each year - so hopefully this is the one. I should be running long tomorrow, but I suspect it won't happen - given the head cold and potential for sloppy/breezy weather.

Speaking of running - briefly touched base with Thor RE DD's marathon for some advice. He very graciously helped out with some suggestions (had two extra week on top of her training plan before MD - so gave suggestions on what to do with those weeks, some adjusted training sessions, and some on nutrition). Very nice of him - although I could expect nothing less. Hope to catch up for a ride later in the fall ... DD's doing okay. Ran 18 today @ 9:15-20 pace. Body is holding up pretty well ... I'll be excited to see how she does on the day.

Hopefully back with more regular input next week after the brush from the hurricane and with a cleared head!

Geo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts