Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geo - what an eventful evening! Happy birthday to your doggie, but poor guy.... so he got needles from a porcupine all over his body?? Cool sighting bobcat.

A great ride today with Sherri and DH. 40miles on glorious dirt with a stop at a cafe in the middle. I was a bit nervous about this ride because of 20miles last night and a little headachy on our way to her house. But boy I felt strong for the entire ride. I’m finally feeling of getting to the point of rebuilding. FIB a cold one with her hubby with lots of laughter. We are ready for the bikepacking next week end with 3000ft of climb over 45miles! (Keeping fingers crossed for a better weather than the last year’s crappy peanut butter)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
You do sound like you're having fun on the pony, Yo. Fingers crossed ... 45 miles in rain/mud = not fun. I think I remember your pictures from last year!

Dog was okay - mostly snouted (the last time it happened, 3-4 years back, he had more, and some inside his mouth ... so I guess this was a slight improvement!). The bobcat was cool ... alas, it was basically only it's tail end dashing away - but could definitely tell it was feline and not a house cat. A car pulled over and stopped to look as well, so definitely unusual. I'm wondering if they have dens, or if they are just migratory.... Something to google.

Today did actually manage to get out for a decent 50+ miler on one of those few glorious spring days. All the local farms and fields looked lush, and buds and blooms everywhere. Brought along a camera - but didn't stop to take pics, although I should have! Anywhoo - a reasonable 17 mph for a solo, moderately windy and moderately hilly ride, so I'll take it!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Hey all - got out for a middling 5.5 mile run this evening (8:40 pace). Distance record for the year by a mile! Woot! Not doing very well on my 2x week plan, but still think I've run more this month than in quite a long time...

geo

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Way to get the longest run of the year, Geo! Sounds like a comfortable pace for your speedy legs.

40miles on a mountain bike is getting easier, which is a good feeling! My Pony (Pony Rustler by Salsa) is heavier but more comfortable (dual suspension, semi-fat tires and more uplight position) so I take her for relaxing casual ride. My hard trail, Stumpjumper, which I call Stumpy, is much lighter, more aggressive setup (used to race on this) so I ride her for gravel rides. I have been thinking about buying a gravel bike but can’t decide which one....

Kinda rest day, or so I thought. We decided to go for a short hike at a nearby state park, but ended up for 10miles with Dairy Queen stop in the middle. Chilly but a beautiful spring day. House project isn’t going anywhere....

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Dairy Queen!!! We used to bribe...heck who am I kidding? Still do! DD with Dairy Queen to get her through a hike. And we ALWAYS go there after dinner after the RIZO ride. :)

Yo - nice on the 10 miles!

Geo - nice on the run and ride. Happy Birthday to dear doggie...sorry about the vet bill!

ME? nothing but usual dog walks and a bunch of yard clean up on Saturday in honor of Earth day. ~3 hours of clean up on the lake assn property and then did some more leave cleanup and mulch spreading at my own house. I was pretty toast last night. Today was dog walk, some errands and then puttering around the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts