Kick Runners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two strike outs last night - Dead Poet Society I rented from the library didn't work on our DVD... And I didn't get to go watching Unbroken due to uncontrollable coughing (which was getting worse over the last few days). Ended up watching Emperor on Netflix, which was ok.

The day started with a visit to an Urgent care center for this painful dry coughing. The Doc didn't tell me what it was but gave me an antibiotic. The strange thing is it hasn't bothered me even a bit during the runs. Today was no exception. 10miles with DH. No back discomfort and felt pretty strong. Of course as soon as I came inside, coughing storms. My ab muscles will be really toned by the time this coughing leaves me :)

Hope everybody is enjoying the weekend.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Hope that cough goes away!

Spin class and yoga today. Added a nice long walk itch DH. Family movies and homemade pizza tonight!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Oh no Yo Sake! I had concluded my cough was a bad allergic asthma and yours one the surface sounds like that. Slowly coming under control with the right inhalers I hope yours gets better quick! I managed a 33 mile ride today with only a little coughing and now trying to get out the last of my holiday presents including my SS box! I was too sick to manage in the previous weeks.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Watched Gravity last night with the family, it was pretty good :)

Spin class this morning. Awesome instructor. Addicted again.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SB - ohhh nooo hope this isn't caused by asthma...
Julie - nice consistency!

We watched Mud yesterday. It was good.

8 miles solo this AM. Felt heavy and tired a bit. Exactly what this training plan is supposed to make me feel. 45.5 miles week done!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Nice training week, Yo!

Oh - and I really liked "Mud". A film that really gives the flavor for an area ... where the river becomes another character. Part thriller, part coming of age story - great acting by the younger unknowns .. very naturalistic. Kind of flew under the radar, but definitely worth seeing ...

Repeated the 52 mile loop (down the coast). A bit messy after morning rain, but warmish (hi 40's or so). Three more days left in the year .. 5500 will be in the bag ... Could set a PR with three days of commuting plus an extra mile or two .... Think I'll suck it up and do it....

Geo.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Go Geo!

I've been in sloth mode. Time to shake out of the funk. Turns out no running = no cardio...which is not good for my mind, body, soul. Tomorrow is Monday, good day to start some cardio again (but still no running).

Does driving count as a workout? ;)

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Sparty: What are you going to do for cardio? I have been running a lot less, knees have been acting up again. Started going to spin classes again 2 weeks ago and I am addicted again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts