Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And here we were, fresh off the phone with DD, thinking how comparatively lucky we had it in the kids department! Seems like such a crapshoot... Anyhoo - I think my kids are a lot more prepared for adulthood at their age than I was, that's for sure!

Bagged exercise on M/T ... Today, just a brief 30 minutes on the elliptical...

Speaking of old friends you haven't seen in a long time, going out tonight myself to catch up with one of those. Should be interesting!

Geo.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Have fun Geo!

Yo - we all have different experiences with our kids at different stages...we do our best and hope that we've helped be prepared and give them the tools to navigate the ever changing world. :)

SB - be careful!!

Nothing for me today. PT eval for my left knee at lunch...thought about going for a short run after work, but PT advised against it, so I will bump that to the weekend.

Did get a bunch of halloween goodie bags done, however!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Yeah, Zoj … we all do our best to prepare our kids to be on their own in this world….

2 mile walk during lunch. Then 5 mile run after work. It was only high 40’s…. It feels like just all of sudden it’s heading to winter!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
ZOj actually use a harness and climbing rig however in this case I took over the ladder climbing as SO seems to constantly get in trouble, too focused on the task at hand. I had a 2 mile walk in the falling snow testing if my snowshoe boots fit with my new orthotics, they sort of do but I think I had already pinched my foot trying a different boot so will have to do another trial. This getting new footwear has gotten old. Why are all new boots that i want made wiht PU midsoles? This means they won't last long after break-in..

Didi about 1/2 my strength training workout turns out doing heel elevated squats is still setting off my pelvic pain, hope that's the last of it at least its now an excuse to skip the squats for a little while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts