Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Rise and shine;</p>
<p> </p>
<p>5.4 miles this morning.  Legs feel OK.  low 30s, which may be a little warmer that race day... yikes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope everyone voted yesterday. I would have if I was allowed - I'm merely a resident alien not a citizen.  However, this is Chicago so I should have been able to vote at least twice.  The bonus is that I avoid jury duty.</p>

· Registered
1,966 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hey RA, Nice run in the cool temps. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Heading out the door to catch a plane to Boston.  Did 20 minutes yesterday and MAY jump on a treadmill while there. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a good one!</p>
<p> </p>

· Registered
9,447 Posts
<p>Asics--this is PERFECT running weather!</p>
<p>Dan--might I suggest either walking or running on the dreadmill.  Jumping probably wouldn't be a good idea.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice little trot for me this chilly morning.  Got to see a beautiful sunrise.  Clear sky, and the colors were so vivid.  Tempo run because, well, it's Wednesday?  WU/CD were around 8:30, tempo around 8:10.  4.5m total.  Huh, didn't know I could do that!</p>

· Registered
1,394 Posts
<p>Nice run Asics.</p>
<p>Have a good trip Dan.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I took a rest day and slept in today -- I have managed to pick up a cold and just been feeling generally run down and crappy -- I think the weekend of traveling/running took more out of me than I thought...</p>

· Registered
6,282 Posts
<p>Brrrrr ... I'm heading out this afternoon for a run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Safe travels <strong>vash</strong>.</p>
<p>Nice early and cold running <strong>RA</strong> and <strong>4bm</strong>. (RA, I have successfully avoided jury duty and I am 41. It can be done.)</p>
<p>Rest well <strong>loopy</strong>.</p>

· Registered
1,742 Posts
I planned on 8 today with 6 at HM pace- nah. Ended up being an Epic Fail. Coasted it in after 4. Legs and feet are just kinda feeling beat up. I'll try to make up for it tomorrow.<br><br><br><br>
RA- maybe you should go back to Mexico.<br><br><br><br>
Dan- hope u get that TM run in<br><br><br><br>
Mom- nice job on the tempo<br><br><br><br>
Loopy- hope you get to feeling better<br><br>
Jill- good luck on the run later

· Registered
3,601 Posts
<p>Morning all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's a bit on the chilly side here today too. No run for me this morning - chiropractic appointment instead - but I will get out for a very short little run this afternoon, just 4 with the middle 2 at MP. Only a couple of days now...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>RA - after last winter the idea of going to Florida for one of those January races has its appeal.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dan - have a good trip and enjoy those TM runs. Running along the banks of the Charles is kind of nice too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>4bm - nice tempo run</p>
<p> </p>
<p>loopy - sorry about the bug, knowing you though, you'll probably bounce back quickly and put down a weekend 20 miler.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jill - have fun this afternoon</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - don't sweat it, you probably just needed a little more recovery time after the long run</p>
<p> </p>

· Registered
434 Posts
<p>Hey, all.  Waiting at the airport to fly back after morning meetings.  Should be able to make it to yoga if things are on time.   </p>
<p> </p>
<p>RA - hmm... nice of the weather to try and make up for Chicago marathon but seems to be going a little too far in the opposite direction...</p>
<p>Dan - enjoy the trip and run </p>
<p>4bm - great run!  gotta like when everything comes together</p>
<p>loopy - feel better, after the long time on your feet a rest should help</p>
<p>Jill - stay warm out there!</p>
<p>BBS - ditto on what Hawk said, tomorrow will be better</p>
<p>Hawk - good luck with the chiro & prep run... gettin' close</p>

· Registered
1,966 Posts
<p>Hey Guys,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Writing from 30,000 feet.  WiFi on the plane.  Watching your runs from on high.  Good idea 4boys, no jumping for me. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dan</p>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.