Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Morning</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a 6 mile tempo on tap, 4 @ about 7:20 pace.  Got some things to do today, so I'm opting for the TM, plus I think it will be a little easier on my body than the roads seeing yesterday's run wasn't too great.  </p>

· Registered
2,788 Posts
<p>Too tired to get up this morning.  Looks like I need old man sleep starting at 9pm...  Anyway, may head out for a 5'er over lunch.  It's cool but sunny.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - enjoy the tempo.</p>

· Registered
3,601 Posts
<p>Morning BBS, and good plan on the TM. One of the benefits of TM running is that the surface is actually softer than even running on grass.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Enjoy the 5-some RA.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another day in my unplanned vacation...actually let me clear up any notion that sudden unemployment is a break at all. It's not, it's an endless suck-a-thon of paperwork and phone calls.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Trying to line up an attorney. Need a good one in VA who knows employment law.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not sure what I'm doing activity-wise today. Still on forced running holiday, though with my increased stress level it's getting harder to feel like continuing that. Meanwhile I have to take my bike into the shop after last night's crash. It's definitely not in great shape. Right brake is out and the right pedal is pretty mangled now too. And that doesn't even include the other minor dings it took.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When it rains it pours. Sorry I'll stop being gloomy and slink off somewhere now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

· Registered
3,363 Posts
<p>Going to head out in about an hour or so.  Not sure about tomorrow.  They are predicting winds starting tonight of 30-50 mph and gusts stronger than that.  So with the winds that will knock you over I am not sure I will be running tomorrow. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hawk-  I hope all goes well with your current situation.</p>

· Registered
9,447 Posts
<p>BBS--beat up the body on the road or beat up the brain on the dreadmill, I opt for the road.  More power to you!</p>
<p>Asics--I hear you!  Son1's work schedule and associated taxiing is killing me!</p>
<p>Hawk--refresh my memory-why the running holiday?  Sounds like you NEED to pound the pavement.  With your feet, that is.</p>
<p>fuller--enjoy whatever you end up doing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mid-day trot for me.  Starting to enjoy these runs.  Sunny but chilly and windy.  Usual neighborhood run.  Sensed I was running harder than I should but couldn't throttle back.  5.65, 8:43pace.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>? on splits.  Today's route was an O&B.  OB was more downhill with a tailwind, IB more uphill and headwind.  Splits were 24:26/24:46.  Is that close enough, considering the route/conditions?  I do not do WU/CD, although I know my first quarter to half is always slower, then I'm pretty steady.  I walk a CD.</p>

· Registered
3,601 Posts
<p>4bm - the running holiday was to recover from the Philadelphia Marathon, which I ran on 11/20. 2-week break and this is week 2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good news on the bike. I was able to fix it myself, at least the brake problem. The calipers just wouldn't stop gripping the wheel even though I checked them and they were fine. Turned out the front wheel alignment was simply off. Once I changed that, problem solved. Didn't think to check that in the darkness last night. But a small victory for a novice rider just the same.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I guess I will ride a little later.</p>

· Registered
2,788 Posts
<p>The <strong>Hawk</strong> rides again!  At least you got some good news this week.</p>
<p><strong>4boysmom</strong> - those splits are terrible.  Please work on your pacing ;)</p>
<p><strong>kfuller</strong> - we had that type of weather yesterday.. at least you'll be flying in one direction.  Get a taxi back. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, about 6 miles around work.  Nice run actually.  Came out to exactly 8mpm.  A bit slower to start and a bit faster to finish.  40F, sunny and a bit windy.  Hips/abductor were sore but now feel fine after some post run stretching.  Anyway, I've maintained my 21 month streak of 100+ miles/month, averaging 40mpm for that period.   Hopefully I can build on that for 2012</p>

· Registered
1,966 Posts
<p>Hey Gang,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>RA - I'm starting to think about ol man sleep at 8!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>3 yuck miles</p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.