Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - surgery yesterday ... recovery begins...no sling since the nerve block wore off, but still all wrapped up and it is very sore. Been watching movies with DD.

I did get a 3 mile run in on Monday before early am surgery yesterday.

Yo - 50 miles on the trainer??! oof.

SB - that is quite the setup!!

Geo - bet you are getting some good rides in with this nice weather we are having.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Zoj- Happy recovery, it will seem to drag on but suddenly its gone and you are back to things so take it easy while you may! As for the set-up, it evolved over time. I had picked up kettlebells and dropped the gym many years ago I would keep them in my car and do a workout after paddleboarding wiht a very good power lifter. When I moved here I thought its easier to set up a gym in my house than to commute to the gym 60 mi rt. I still go to the gym for social reasons once in a while! Most of the tiem I am happy to have my home set-up, I evne start my warm-ups while doing some of my telephone based conf calls. Then though I get interrupted by SO who is intrigues but doesn't really want to workout. Today he wanted to toss the medball I was using for chops and slams.

Geo-I wish for fall rides! Enjoy them for me weather permitting

I got "messed up" on my strength (and agility) training. I did a workout mondya on the new cycle prior to the "chekc in" tuesdya with the trianer. Tuesday I dosicvered somethign with my hips I wnated to reinforce so I ended up doing the workout again. Spent the free time organizing my closet which was long overdue but took the remaining time.
So today is my normal workout day as I start with conf calls at 6 am and go through 1 pm then ahve a break til 4 so I usually start the warm-up sequence during the 1pm then do 1 hr..and so I did it my quads and claves are screaming about the 3 in a row but its manageable! I want to get in the EP but I ahve to make a call in 30 minutes, I'm thinking of swimming 20, making the call then swimming 10 more. Its been lightly snowing all day, all grey and dreary!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Well, there is no way I would do 50miles on trainer, you know me lol. Typo for sure, 50min!’

Zoj - ok my memory is real sucky… what’s the surgery for? So both DH and you were on a recovery list? A good thing is DH’s recovery doesn’t involve his upper extremities (= cooking?)

SB - taking a meeting call between swim workouts sounds… challenging..!

A fun night riding with a GF. Total of 2:15 / /21 miles including some singletrack with a headlight. Leaves-covered trail in the dark is always find to ride. Likely the last trail ride during the week where I can start in daylight For a while. Day time savings time is coming…. I also walked 2-miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts