Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - sounds like a GREAT time! Can't wait to see more photos!!

Today - the usual am dog walk and then a 3 mile run at lunch...body cranky as hell. Not sure why.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yo glad you had a great time and Geo enjoying DD and home time.

Me well got my vax Friday turned all kinds of colors and had to stay at the center for a few hours then spent the night in Jackson. Felt fine Saturday and went x-c skiing in ttnp but then exactly 24 hours after the shot bam no energy could barely wobble my way back to the car followed by a big headache. Finally went back home only to break out in a rash and crazy itching monday night that's been going on ever since. Despite this I've been going out more and more in fact going out in the cold is the best thing (Doc and I have gone though quite a lot of weird antihistamines with no luck). We are likely in the final wind down of winter the snow has that pink cast in places that spells the end.
Coyotes and wolves have been walking all around in the day and night not sure what's up with that.
On Monday I snow shoed up about a mile & flushed 2 coyotes and a moose then sat out watching a friend work on skiing down the slope. Yesterday I went back and skied some short laps up and down, today I skied up the slope and along a marsh area that is great for curst cruising then back down. I did fall once and since I was in a t-shirt the corn snow scratched up my arm a bit. So I’ve got that to go with all over rash and itching, what a mess yet it was a fun ski day!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well - that's quite the reaction, SB! Glad you are getting out and making the most of it - despite the reactions. Not a bad collection of wildlife. Are the coyotes and wolves mostly nocturnal? We occasionally hear coyotes at night - but no wolves yet.

Yesterday meant to Zwift, but program hung about 5 miles in - so bagged it (had a family zoom instead). Today I got a 20 mile Zwift ride in ... was contemplating making it the last until next season, but I think I'll keep the subscription active for one more month - and get the beater bike on it while I transition to outside riding...

Forgot to say that the first call for bagelry rides went out (huzzah!), but expect people to be vaccinated - so I'll be waiting another month or so to join. Looking forward to it after a year off though for sure!

And time with kids has been great . Lots of group dog walking, jig saw puzzling, watching Miranda on TV. All-in-all, a nice break for them. I'm sure my DD is a bit disappointed to be going back on Friday. DS is off Saturday sometime ... couple of more weeks until his big 2 month road trip (end of April).

Looking forward to Yo's photos as well ... and cute puppy photo Zoj!

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
SB - crazy reactions, sounds like though all calmed down. Which vaccine did you get? And winter winding down...? Sounds early?!

Zoj - happy 1st birthday to yiur pup!

Geo - sounds like a great time with kids! I’m sure it’s hard from them to go back to the “adult life”. Did DS decide to travel a bit?

A red-eye flight hit me hard around 4:30pm. Yep I worked all day. A bit of nap followed by some grumpy time lead to a better version of me. 2.2mile walk in the dark with DH to pick up some milk. That’s it.

Will post some pictures. We visited 5 NP’s, 3 of which are new to us. 38 done! 25 to go! I’m already looking at a trip to Colorado next March! Combining a spring training camp (baseball) visit, hopefully taking DH’s parents.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yo-J&J and still reacting just started going out anyway. At this point its take prednisone which might deactivate the vaccine effects,or keep itching...and hoping it goes away. I am allergic to the PEG in the other vaccines so it was thought this would be better and i had to travel to Jackson for it...instead I guess I foudn a new allergy/issue I hope we don't need boosters any time soon!

I do not like red-eyes somehow i seem to lose more time than I gian so glad you are able to bounce back. Did you get to Escalante?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts