Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow Yo - you guys are a traveling family! and agree, I always shop around for rental car rates, right up until a few days before we leave, you just never know when a better deal will show up. Sox are doing well, in second place, but still, get this, 13 games back from the Yankees in first place....AL East standings are crazy this year.

Geo - that's pretty exciting - right?

Back at it yesterday - out on the bike for a short 10 miles, then softball last night.

Today out for 3+ mile run.

· Registered
4,204 Posts
Paid 288 for a 2-day mini-van rental for DC pickup at the end of July. Preferred it when we could get one from the Toyota dealer for $70 or 80 a day a few years ago! (and 288 wasn't bad compared to some other prices I saw).

And yeah - looking forward to the trip. Think she and I will be sticking around London to get her settled (plus with the apartment, will be cheaper to sleep and cook in a few times). Will probably have a real vacation over there in the spring of next year and catch more of the family.

Last couple of days threw off bike commuting (rain in the afternoon on Tuesday, and wet in the morning today). Did go for 18 miles after work today, and walked a couple of miles at lunch each of the two days ... with E on Tuesday and with some other guy today.

Glad you're feeling better, Yo! Enjoy your trip this weekend.

Oh - and you got to see the Sox win, apparently - Zoj. So - glad that you and DS had a good experience! It's more fun at the stadium than watching on TV for sure. Still can't get enthused about the Sox until MAYBE the play-offs (and even then it's iffy). Looking forward to football starting up though, and the moves that the Celts made in free agency seem pretty good.

geo

· Registered
8,412 Posts
Zoj - 13 games behind?!? Yankees that good this year?! Guardians are in the second place and in a hunt for the wildcard place if not for the first. We haven’t gone to the tigers stadium this year to watch guardians. They were just here this weekend.

geo - you still have family in UK? That’s cool to go back and spend more time with them.

I think I’m packed and ready to go. For 8-day bike tour (10-days total out of the house). We will certainly kill the hanging basket flowers.

2-mile walk during lunch. And 8-mile run (yeah it was aggressive…), I was determined to run to a bank to get some cash (cash?!? my gf prefers me to pay her back with cash), return a book to a library and pickup high-altitude meds I just got from my doc (for Grand Teton trip in Aug). Hot and slow but got it done. Ran into a couple/friends (hubby is my DH’s scout buddy and their kid son is DS’s scout buddy) and ended up chatting away to catch up with kids stuff and the Grand Teton trip (which the hubby did the same hike several years ago). In short, pretty nice day. Ya know, relationships are all we got at the end of the day :).

Phew. It will be hectic day tomorrow too, with 5-hrs drive to north of Toronto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts