Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - I don't think we'll get there this visit. I have a whole bunch of NP that I want to see, so the bucket list is growing. :) we go the week of August 8

Geo - nice ride!

Softball was fun - we lost, but played so much better as a team - just kept hitting everything to the other team! lol

Today got out on the road for ~3 mile run. Had a phone call come thru my watch at one point and strava didn't stop....sigh. So pace on strava is all messed up. lol

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
softball sounds like fun!
Sorry the smoke is making its way east. Its another busy week for me. I went to the Podiatrist in Jackson yesterday and after more study there's something wrong with the bones in my foot way back near the heel (partly a childhood injury) and so big toe jamming looking like hallux rigidus but not and a bad Morton's neuroma that is atypical so all the shots and foot beds to date are missing the mark. Had one more set of shots and although my foot is swollen I can now push off my big toe! Going to start a series of "aggressive' foot orthotics to try to correct it. That will mean a series of trips to Jackson. Its crowded with all the "must see Yellowstone/Tetons" crowd but I am hoping to find some fun side trips to explore more up there.

And so...i am looking at ice massage roller thingies. I always used a dixie cup however up here ice sublimates so my Dixie cup empties not long after it freezes. There is a plethora of ice massage thingies anyone like any of them? Doc says I'll need ice massage to get through this.

Otherwise not much to tell with the shot up foot i limped to a couple of mountaineering and white water suppliers to get this and that. Drove home. Could swim because we had a massive storm which triggered some local lightning strike brush fires so the air is now even worse :( winter is good summer sucks! I am hoping to go out on a gravel ride Friday when the forecast suggests storms and wind might give us clear air and my foot might be ready.

I've been testing out cooling bed thingies. The chilisleep pad i received was kinked up that may be why it didn't cool enough but it does heat the room as it cools the bed so kind of counter productive. I just spent too much time setting up the Eight sleep cover to see if its better. I am also testing out some different sports bras trying to find one that will dry in an hour or 2 if worn wet. So much frustration! At least something to keep me distracted form my foot as the swelling goes down!

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Yeah I miss playing a group sport like softball and volleyball. Playing those sports, in a group setting, is a commitment, which I am not ready to make. Glad you had a fun Zoj!

SB - if the air here is kinda bad, I can’t imagine how poor it is there. Gosh, I need to do some rain dance for the west! Ice massage - I always used frozen water bottle. Sorry to hear your foot is acting up. Cooling bed pad? Never heard if it but it makes sense, especially for those who go through menopause lol.

Solo 2-mile walk during lunch. Since DH started working with folks in the central time zone, walking together isn’t happening much. After work was riding a tri bike while DH rode a mtb. Ha, the only time I can stay ahead of him about 30miles. Neck is killing me!

Have started planning the next spring trip. Colorado is the destination, hitting a total of 4 national parks (1 of which is in AZ). Anybody familiar with Colorado Spring area? Looks like a few must-do’s near it. DD showed an interest in joining as she can work from anywhere! :).

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Another one missing team sports! Not so much organized - but played quite a bit of lunchtime street hockey and hoops (and hacky-sack) in previous job incarnations. I'm pretty sure the place I work now is part of a softball league, but that's one sport that never worked out for me :). Also, lots of the engineers play social volleyball - which alas, is another thing I'm pretty inept at.

Good to hear that there might be progress on solving the foot issues, SB! I assume Jackson is a haul from where you are now.

And it would be great if DD got to join you on vacation, Yo. Way to keep her hiking bug going...

Another bike ride for me today ... 29'ish after work. Couldn't follow the original route - cos it took a gnarly looking gravel road, so had to improvise in a totally different direction. Thankfully about the same distance...

Tomorrow's going to be early morning run with DD .. 50 mins/6 mile-ish.

Geo.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yo I spent time in C springs a few times. Although there are many lovely things its becoming a crowded urban area part of the Denver megalopolis. so a short trip to Glenwood and a q1/2 day in garden of the gods then get out in the Rockies. Most of the parks on that side are requiring reservations for day use now I hope its better by next year!

A frozen water bottle would solve my sublimation issue! yay nothing to buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts