Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot hot HOT out there today - so hit the gym for a weight workout. Most likely another dog walk later, but that's about it for today.

You know I considered trying bibs, but dang, so expensive! During my trial and error efforts, I know that true tri shorts (super thin pad) don't work and the ultra thick bike shorts don't work. I currently have two pairs of shorts which have pads whose thickness is somewhere in between. These seem to work. But honestly at this point, I really think it is the injury to my hamstring insertion point/sit bone area that is the problem. If I can get it to calm down, I think what I have will work.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
smokey here from fires to our west ikkkk
i love bibs despite having to take off my jersey to ...Some of the basic pearl izumi seemed to work both the bibs and the regular that just have the simple blue pad its thicker than tri shorts but not the big 3d bulky things.

I have been and will remain AWOL. Did a 3 day xcountry/backcountry hike behind my house again (saltlick mtn) and now i'm headed for a 5 day trip in the Wyoming range after that I promise to bring you all up to speed!

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Zoj - Good job getting weight training done! Yeah I can’t wear those shorts with big padding.

SB - post some pictures!!

2-mile walk during lunch. After work, rode my Pony to the nearby state park, ran 4.8ish mile and rode back (3miles each). Hot hot here too.

Still catching up with sleep…. During the bike tour we were getting up like 5:30am. I’m so not an early riser… and I was up until 11ish…

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Have fun in your hiking SB! Stay safe ... seems like the whole world is burning.

Got a commute in again - 30+ miles. Meant to go long both ways for 40, but tire had a pinch flat from the ride home last nigh (a usual side road was under construction with lots of rocks/torn up pavement). Managed to change it - which was good, because when I first got these tires, they were REALLY hard to put on. Must have stretched a bit with age...Still had time to go the short way in. HHH for us as well ... maybe a bit cooler right at the coast. Still no head-wind on the way home, so managed mid/hi 17's both ways...

geo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts