Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - SLD = Single Leg Deadlifts, plus I have been doing hip stretches and clams prior to running, which along with all the core work, is helping.

Today - PT class, and then 45 min on the trainer...plus ~2 mile family walk after dinner.

now if I could just stay out of the cookie jar!

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Zoj - SLD, I do that too but not frequent enough I know... I got to get back into some basic strength exercises while watching Suits! Now we r on 7th season. It’s good but not good for my sleep.

2mile walk during lunch. Then yard work and yard work. We are trying to improve the grass quality ... new seeds and spreading 10yds of compost.... not yet halfway done.. is my DH the only one who works on yard with lights into 11pm?! Amy body can’t handle that. 😞.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Your DH must be a lawn obsessive :) Our lawn has been pretty bad since we had the place built. I don't think it ever stood a fighting chance being surrounded by woods and critters, and now the dog has pretty much made it a battlefield. One day, we'll pay someone to tear it all up and start over .... We do have some grass seed prayerfully scattered around, but I'm not holding my breath....

Nothing again today, except for double dog walking (about 4 miles total). Am getting stuff to help the internet problem delivered (new router and wireless hotspot with a no cap plan), so that's exciting.

As far as exercise - boy I'll have some miles to make up in June/July/August/September!! Come on warmer weather, less wind, and less rain!

Zoj - I hear you about the cookies! Doesn't help that DD likes to bake from time-to-time...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yo I used to be up late in the dark working on my garden. Here its too dark and cold to try that.
I have a lot of comost/soil prep to spread when it stops raining/sleeting/hailing/snowing will the grass survive all that?
I got to swim in the pool today! Its been open for a week but it took a while for me to work a trip to town into my schedule and so I got in 3,500 scm just steady swim which was nice. 1 other user in the big pool. They scan our cards in and out to be sure to limit the number of users but don't have a reservation system so I have to be carefulish to arrive at a low use time. In the past there was only "heavy" (more than 6 the current cut-off) users directly after work but tu and th they are now only open 4-8pm so far so good at least :)

Geo at least you are moving even if not rakcing up the miles, good to "see" you!
I want to fill the cookie jar but each tiem I set out to bake something else takes precedence (which reminds me I need to get some bread started)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts