Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geo - true, I have to look at a good side. Congrats on a new addition to your pain cave! Some snow sports in your new future (other than snow blowing)? Snow removal from roof? Do you go up there?? Special boots? Harness??

2mile walk during lunch. Nice sunny day. Then 1-hr xc ski nearby state park. We were taking about Mtbking, but it takes time to get ready for it and DH had a time constraint. I fell on my rear 3x but solid workout as the first outing on ski.

DD started her job on Feb 1. But haven’t heard from her at all.... :(. Being 3-hr behind us makes it a bit difficult too I’m sure.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It's been hard this winter. Snow hasn't stuck around enough for any play, except tromping about the woods with the dog. I'm hoping it isn't gone by the weekend (we had about 8-10" which is mostly still there). With any luck, XC skiing on some town land this weekend. Nice volunteers groom a few trails. And DD will call soon - esp. if she needs something :).

Did PRACTICE cross-country skiing on the Nordic Track today (a vigorous 4.9 miles in 40 minutes or so). Enjoying "Verve Remixed" while I shuffled...

Roof (garage) is just a snow rake. Can get almost to the top of the garage. We have a steel roof (which is nice), but the snow tends to come plummeting down at inopportune times and it's hard to get the cars out with a 3' pile of snow in front of them :).

Geo.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Geo-what kind of rake do you use, the handle on mine broke. We are hoping with improved venting followed by improved sealing of the ceiling that we won't have any more ice dam issues but I still rake off the heavier stuff on the northern corners.

Thanks Zo and Yo for the push-ups in Josette's memory glad they are becoming a regular habit.
For feb I am working on backbends and a sort of light plank, things i haven't been able to manage since surgery in 2004 but slowly have been able to make them accessible again and it feels so good.

I spent the weekend in SAR training. Had a too late in the day x-c ski of 8.5 miles Monday, came back to the car after dark in a pack of wolves it was so dark it was hard to figure out. A complicated lost keys scenario, retrieval of stuck hide a key, loss of snacks (chomps and of all things a snickers bar)to the wolves (dumped them on the ground searching for the keys) it was a bad night and then bad nightmares of being chased. Tuesday went to the podiatrist a full day trip for that and new footbeds from a ski boot expert (been using some very old ones which helped the foot but were broken). This did not help the workouts for the week and then yesterday felt blah perhaps form the cortisone in the foot? Today also we have high winds, very cold temps and snow blowing everywhere so A and I rescheduled skiing for tomorrow, I told him no skiing after dark for me for a while.

I had ended up smashing my hide a key with my boot to get the key out (adrenaline fueled, no way I was getting it to slide open), so now I need a new box, any suggestions?

My foot was pretty bruised from the treatment Tuesday so I did not do any full push ups yesterday and today but to keep it going I've done them 1 legged on a big incline. I feel like I've earned a few days off workouts but then again I may attempt an easy swim in the EP tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts