Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo - that's it for psi? wow! I know mtb tires need less, but didn't know you could go that low! Glad to hear that your headaches are going away!

We got another 6 inches or so yesterday. Roads were slippery this am during the dog walk, so was prepared to use DD's yaktrax during my run at lunch, but didn't need them as the sun had melted much of what was on the roads so that I had pavement to run on for ~90% of my run. 2.3 miles done. Knee was fine, but stoopid ankle decided to get cranky, forcing me to walk more than normal. sigh. I have had an injection in this ankle, which was supposed to take care the problem, but apparently not. It is so sporadic, that it is hard to pin down exactly what is happening with it.

Injection #2 tomorrow bright and early (what was I thinking??)

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Zoj - sorry to hear the ankle discomfort... I remember it took so long to heal my ankle injury. My problem was I couldn’t do certain yoga poses. About the tire pressure, yeah when my friends with fat tires started talking about 5psi I was like the wheel would get bent..! But low psi is absolutely the key to ride snowy surface. I’m happy about the tubeless setting on my Pony.

2mile walk. Then another snow activity day! We got 1:40 xc skiing. We say nobody... is it too cold or something..?! I’m still pretty bad at it.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Sounds like everyone's having snow-fun. Nothing for me the past two days, except snow-shoeing in the woods with the dog for 45 minutes or so at lunch both days. A bit of snow clean-up on Monday night and just general mental exhaustion last night. Got back on the trainer today for 20 virtual miles - finishing off the TdZ (although I have one make-up day to complete the 8 stages). Another irritating network-blipping experience (was cranking for 10+ of the 15 mile route when I got kicked off). Got to join back in and finish, but motivation was spent after first 10 ... Finished it off with another flat 5 in Watopia before network booted me again. Boo...

I've never really had any experience mtn or fat biking. Sure it would be fun (but I'd end up with more bumps and bruises than I already get!). And Yo - fell down quite a few times x-country myself the other day. I can get into a groove on a track (thanks, Nordic Track!), but technique just on a rough trail is awful!

geo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts