Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geo - I kinda dislike of the emotional “low” after Christmas, after a fun get together is over and loved ones leaving you to have back to their lives….

Another early morning swim for me - 3000yd. Wish this pool was closer… the morning hours are available throughout the year regardless of the high school calendar. Then 1-hr walk

Worked on a few house projects. A Christmas gift from the kiddos arrived today; digital photo frame. DD have been scanning/uploading all of the family pictures to the cloud and now we can see those photos on this frame. Love it.
Heading to Chicago tomorrow….

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Forgot to add a post - went on the trainer again for another 16 miles. That's two early workouts in a row (woot!). Today (Thus) hope to get on the trainer AFTER work to make it 3 in a row. I need the movitvation ...

That's a long morning workout Yo! And I hear you with the slumpage. Also looking forward to the prospect that this REALLY was DD's last extended trip home if this country ever gets its s-it together. So - it's a dead work week and no buzz around the house. Will be travelling to CT for a small post-Xmas family gathering on Sunday - but no other festiviities (not that NY generally was festive - but we often spent the NY weekend at college friends, which certainly hasn't happend last year or this). The family gathering was also sort of spoiled by Vax differences - but there you have it. Not animus - a mutual polite disagreement - but it would have been better to get together.

For Xmas DD/DS got us one of those hydroponic growing kits - knowing our general lack of green thumb - so it'll be interesting to see if we manage to produce a sustainable, healthy crop of basil this year! :)

geo

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok this will be my motivation for today (Thursday) because I'm looking out at the blowing snow and feeling all my sore muscles and just not getting motivated for the "long commute" to the barn and EP silly me!
Yesterday I did a complete strength training workout, first complete in 1 session on I've achieved since being sick. I then snowshoed to the dome at sunset (and -10 temps wiht wind and snow) to drain and put away everything as it retires fully for winter. On the way back I fell into a snowdrift in the dark (on top of the tomatoes) and thought of just hibernating there for the winter. I didn't but the combination of that and all the previous days of ramping up activity have me aching and sore today...so no more whining i better go do something so I can post a Thursday thread.

As for time of the year, I like the time between Xmas and New Years for catching up on all my annual reporting and other work because no one is bothering me then I start thinking of goals and adventures for the next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts