Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geo - nice to get a few 4k’s off the list! Lonesome lake hut was where we stayed to hit the north and south kinsman, I think 5 yrs ago (DH’s surprise 50th birthday). I remember there was a platform camp area (with many sleeping bags being laid out), from which we headed to one of the Kinsman peeks.

Boy, my brain fogginess comes and goes pretty bad. :( :(.

About 1-hr on Pony to accompany DH’s running. That’s it. I was out visiting a customer’s manufacturing floor this morning, which was nice.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well sorry to be gone so long. Yo check out Malignant Hyperthermia although its said to be only a reaction to certain anesthetics many of those with it report incidents similar to yours. I have suspected MH but hadn't confirmed and your report just sounds so much like what the community describes.

Geo sorry for your loss!

Me not sure when I dropped off. I had multiple plans for birthday hikes and swims all of which got cancelled by weather, smoke, covid, travel issues and ended up with a perfect moment of blue sky and good weather having an uphill canoe trip from the lower upper green lake to the upper. Then a great hike into New Fork but then the smoke came in hard and the end of last week made it hard to do much except plan future trips. Then the SAR team callouts came in heavy with many experienced team members out on vacation or travel us new members got to start learning the ropes.

This culminates in a ground search down a scree/boulder filled drainage in our highest mountains a route that most accounts of climbers say never go there again. We went we didn't' find our missing person there (you can read about him in the news) and got stranded for the night. Ironically in the spot i had planned to camp in for the initials post birthday hike... We eventually got home but my legs (quads mostly) keep cramping and seizing up in fact on the second day none of us could stand very well. So today after 24 hours at home i managed to stagger the 1/2 mile to neighbors and do a few chores but stairs are hard reminding me of some of my epic trial runs (rim to rim stiffness comes to mind). I have some more work to do if I want to be strong enough for this sort of travel (carrying a 22 lb 24 hour pack, I am working on whittling that down further too).

So sorry to miss you all. and I'm back! Have a meeting online wiht my training tomorrow am, should be interesting right now I can't get up from my chair!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts