Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days from tax day peeps.

1 hour on trainer riding Kaiser. Failed to maintain FTP goal but figured out how to do that on last 2 of 6 intervals. Will get better next time. FIB streak mile. Also did chiro exercises. Still need to get in butt challenge work.

What's new in your world?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

MQ: Way to blast out of the morning's gate!

zoj: Arthritis. Yuck. For the first time in my life I dealt with this crap when I fell ill. Still dealing with it but much more manageable... except when I run! :(

What's new? Good question. I honestly cannot think of much. We are absolutely in the bunker right now with the kids still being so young. If you extract the fun, this is what my day looks like, everyday: wake up, get oldest kid dressed and plopped in front of TV (he wakes me up), run (meanwhile wife and youngest get up), feed kids, shower, work, pick up kids from daycare, dinner, bath, 30 minutes to myself, sleep. Repeat.

Me...

3 mile easy run. Hammy grabbing since Doyle's. Easy this week in hopes of getting it healed.

Great day, gang!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
MQ - I haven't done trainer rides with specific power target in relation to FTP. But I do vividly remember how tough they could be. Good for you working hard!

I didn't post yesterday. 4 miles in the dark, after freezing my arse off watching (more for waiting) DS's first track meet in the season. I totally forgot how freakin long the track meets take AND nice sunny day could be so deceiving when you were sitting on a bleacher and doing nothing. 3200m right at 12:00. For the first race, plus he has been complaining about hips, a decent start.

And this is NO Run Wednesday! I visited my PT guy yesterday because my foot was sore, and I wanted to get some ultrasound or something to loosen up whatever pulling there. Still icing and stretching all that.

Whats new in my world.... nothing new I guess. Same old (ONLY getting worse); tax due being near, stressing out the logistics of the weekend traveling to NYC-Boston with DD (only NYC then flying solo home). Good thing I have no time to going taper crazy.

Have a great Wednesday all! End of this particular period of my life is near (Boston training and college selection)!!!!!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
What's new? Not much - condo inspection tomorrow...visiting DS in VT for the weekend - his birthday is Sunday...and trying to be consistent with workouts since race(s) will be here before I know it...otherwise: up at 6, get DD to bus stop, get myself to work, with some kind of workout at lunch, travel home, prep for the next day or depending on the day, get my weight workout in then next day prep, relax and crash (by 10 if possible)...repeat times 4...Fridays I work at home. :)

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Nothing for me the last couple of days. Seem to be combating allergies (lots of nose blowing, head stuffed, achy neck, itchy eyes ...). Took a half-day off yesterday, seeing as time to burn and crap night's sleep on Monday. Did manage to walk the dog for 3-4 miles, but that was about it.

On the personal news front, looks like DW is committing to go to Maryland... Not a huge chunk of aid, but enough to make it manageable (at least until senior year - but who looks THAT far ahead?).

Also, DW was contracting and they decided not to renew - so a bit of financial uncertainty. Not good for her confidence/state of mind. Blech.

Geo.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
On the personal news front, looks like DW is committing to go to Maryland... Not a huge chunk of aid, but enough to make it manageable (at least until senior year - but who looks THAT far ahead?).

Also, DW was contracting and they decided not to renew - so a bit of financial uncertainty. Not good for her confidence/state of mind. Blech.

Geo.
Oh, congrats on DD (not DW, right?)'s decision!!!! Must be a huge relief to everybody. Now, from here and on to the actual start of college, you are an experienced parent, so no biggie :)
Sorry to hear about DW's job situation. Something we are concerned and taking into a consideration upon choosing a college.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello all!

I’m proud of myself: I didn’t feel like going for a run today and kept putting it off this morning. But I finally just made up my mind to put on my gear and go outside. I ended up running for a full 30 minutes. So, I'm happy about that. It's a gorgeous day outside and I chose a route that took me down along the marina. I saw pelicans, cormorants, and even a seal!

As for what's new: I was recently promoted to the head of my department, which means having 3 separate functions reporting to me instead of just one. It's been an adjustment and I still feel like a newbie some days. But I have a great team of directors alongside me who are showing me the ropes. Outside of work, I just bought a fancy new pc gaming rig to make up for all of the years I didn't play computer games. It's been pretty fun, and I'm shocked by how much better games are these days :)

That's it for me. Happy trails, everyone!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Home inspection was today; put an offer on a house too...a lot of hurry up and wait.

Did 1.6mi on the treadmill. Same theme as before: 2/1 x 7

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Got outside and did a quick 3- miles...felt pretty good, tho breathing was a bit off. weird.

Met with PT afterwards and have more stupid human tricks...shoulder has progressed, but now getting soreness/achiness after I run! go figure!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Geo-does DD swim? Sometimes I swim with UMD masters (is that the right MD) and they swim next to the UMD team and sometimes their kids coach us...that would be times when I am on that coast of course :) plus my MD mermaids are always recruiting swimmers to join us in OW swims.

I have been a contractor for a long time and i still get worked up as contracts come and go. Right now there is a tremendous amount of churn in the gov't contracting biz. So (geo still) its very upsetting that your DW is not renewed and its also likely there's something else open. I swear its change for change's sake lately I hope you both can make it to the next thing without too much stress.

What's new with me? Not so sure so many balls in the air, the medical stuff is newer but not new, still exploring and learning all kinds of new doc tricks.

I am ripping up my front lawn and planting with things that don't' need so much maintenance and look nicer!

I swam @ 2mi ow on Tuesday but we have some red tide and that added to my congestion misery so I opted for a 5 mile was with the bf this evening instead.

---I was thinking this afternoon that I've learned all kinds of great pt like tricks for my legs, hips and lower back but nothign inspiring for shoulders and upper back. Does anyone have some good human tricks to share for the upper half?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts