Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on the roads for a run at lunch - felt pretty decent - 3 miles done.

Geo - yeah, it was nice and warm when I went out...not a fan of riding when it is cold anymore. Even 50s is a struggle for me to get out the door and ride. lol But running? I am ok down to the teens, and even some single digits if the wind isn't too bad. Go figure.

Can't believe there are only two days left in September.

I have my own Jim Cantori in my family - my cousin lives in Fort Myers, FL and has been posting video updates of the storm at her house. It is pretty funny. So far they are ok and haven't lost power or got flooded.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
This weather is a bit unusual, we se going down to 30’s tonight. A great running weather for sure. And I’m good to go riding on trails as well.

Geo - thx for the link to a FS bike. Good price (MSRP) for a carbon but makes me wonder why that low. It’s 2-hrs away from me so that’s a challenge.

2-mile walk during lunch and 5 mile run. Work has been stressful with one moron that I have to work with, can’t stand professionals who don’t take ownership of the issues that they should be solving. Ugh.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Ah - sorry Yo. Just remember seeing you mention Grand Rapids, so assumed you were closer! As far as MSRP - it seems like they are a direct to consumer outfit, so I guess cutting out the middleman? Looks like the entry level goes for 3400 today (as opposed to 2999 in 2020 for the bike advertised). I was kind of surprised the seller was asking that much - as it seems he was trying to resell at MSRP (unless the "upgrades" were substantial) - so figured there was some wiggle room for bargaining somewhere (you may well see the price drop in a bit!).

Pulled out the leg warmers and long sleeves and fingered gloves today! Ended up with 32+ for the day with the commute. Also noticed that I actually crossed the 2000 mile mark outside for the year (go me!) - which kind of surprised me. I won't be hitting 3K outside - but at least it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be! Also - noticed that a key commuting road that has been torn up for paving for about 2 months was actually paved today - so hurrah for that.

Geo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts