Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and happy 57th Bday to DH!

Usual dog walk this am (1.7 miles) and then just under 3 mile run/walk at lunch in the wind! lake has white caps. Apparently we are supposed to be getting some T-storms later.

Have to run to the nearest Carvel to pick up a "cookie puss" cake for DH. he used to have this for his birthday as a kid and was telling my kids all about it. So...I was able to find a store that has it! lol

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Few more months until my 57th ... I'm sure he's going to be surprised by that cake (it's kind of clown-scary looking, frankly - but ice cream ... mmmm).

Been bad about exercise again for the past few days (except plenty of walking). Intended to ride yesterday, but logged off work late, then saw that the bike had a flat (sigh), and then had a hard time changing the flat (short valve stem) - so just bagged it and went for a long dog walk instead. Today - kind of rainy after work, so again - just decided to take the dog walking. Saw plenty of turkeys and squirrels (his nemesis) - oh and a porcupine last week some time.

Sorry you are having shot reactions - SB, hope it clears up soon! We're up for the second on May 6th - I think. Guess we'll see...

Oh - and happy 25 to my DS as well (also, Queen Elizabeth, at 95 YO).

geo

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Zoj - good thing you have found the cookie ice cream for DH! Happy birthday for him!

Geo - and happy 25th for your DS!

Still a bit headachy but enough energy to hop on a trainer after work then dropped off DD at the airport. 60min, before 9:30pm call with India. Ugh.

So DD heading to Seattle, for two weeks then to rent a tiny house in a middle of nowhere with a great view of Glacier Natl Park in Wyoming. Then Denver Co. All thanks to the fact she can work from anywhere and a friend who is in a similar boat with a car (hmm interesting sentence) and another friend in Denver. Then she will fly to Hawaii in June. She is really money-smart and thrifty (got these from me) so I’m excited to see her living in all these places. And sounds like she is going to do more backpacking as well - never thought she would get into it :). May not see her until Sept or even Nov.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts