Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am not working out, I figure I can keep us going!

Better today - though still congested and coughing/sneezing up a storm. DH tested positive on Saturday and we think he picked it up from a meeting he was at Wednesday night. He actually started to feel crappy Friday night, but just thought it was allergies/ear, which he gets from time to time. He was down and out both Saturday and most of Sunday - this guys NEVER sits still, so for him to be in bed watching tv all weekend is a rarity...He too was placed on plaxlovid and by Monday was feeling much better. Even tho I didn't test positive until Monday am, I had symptoms start Saturday night, so might take a little bit longer for the meds to make me feel better.

Both DH and I are vaxxed and boosted (I have two he has one), but the most recent strain is super contagious, that it didn't really matter. Having said that, I can't imagine what it would be like without any kind of immune system build up!

I am super bummed on the timing though, as we were supposed to go to Mississippi for a pre-thanksgiving get together with my inlaws. Son is still going and daughter is already down there, so they'll have a good time. They'll be back on Sunday, to a sanitized house. lol

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Yeah an unfortunate timing to get COVID… sorry the sucker ruined your holiday plan…

SB - good to see you quite often these days :) congrats on your new ski!

what did I do today… 2-mile walk and 5 mile run. I’m under the weather… sore throat and headache. Feel a bit warmer but no major fever. A friend who was at the fundraiser last weekend got COVID though I wasn’t near him much. I did take a test but negative. Feel like a typical cold so far to me. Different kind of headache made me walk quite a bit on the run today.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
COVID seems to be in a major surge and my upcoming post thanksgiving trip included visits and meetings with 3 people who now have it. I suppose they could be clear by the time I get there but its in CA where it appears no one gets Paxlovid? Its so weird to see this treated so differently state by state. It does remind me of when I had to travel in flu season, I'm not excited about it but life goes on.
I ahve been trying to make a habit of logging and checking in here for workouts. This summer I spent so many days backpacking I could never catch up with myself but it seemed worthwhile. I suspect next summer will be the same but I will prepare and put spring "mud season" to good use.

I spent some time Wednesday breaking up ice that formed along the drive way and walkway into the barn (spoiler its Thursday and the whole area is now packed in with snow). I did 50 minutes workout/3,200 meters says the EP in the EP firs time since I started ramping up that I had to keep increasing the impeller speed and it felt decent. Otherwise I took a bunch of the tomatoes that suddenly ripened or didn't' ripen and dropped (in the dome0 and canned 9 pints of Salsa. This feels like a workout.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Woo ... we had some sleet here for about 5 minutes today ... I think the north country got a few inches of snow, but it's pretty non-wintry here still. Our veggies didn't last as long as yours did though, SB!

Glad you're slowly on the upswing Zoj - but sorry about your early Thanksgiving...

Forgot to add Wednesdays workout ... More zwifting ... usingone of the bot pace partners.18 miles steady.

geo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts