Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geo - no worries! It happens! I expect to be missing days in the upcoming weeks. Maybe your body is telling you it needs a much needed mental and physical break?? I took most of last week off. Mentally needed it.

Yo - might be a good break from the pool and you'll come back raring to go? I've taken more than a month off from the pool in the winter time and just like riding a bike...it comes right back. :)

out on the roads today for ~3 miles. I swear strava is messed up some times. I checked the mileage and my watch was short once again. sigh....

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Geo - what Zoj said! This weird weather, holiday stuff, with kids back or gone, etc. it is hard to get a routine & rhythm in life.

I crave for a routine and almost afraid be out of that, so I keep on sticking with it. I found a YMCA where the membership goes monthly so I am thinking about signing up for it. Or, asking a different friend to take me as a guest every few days :)
2 mile lunch time walk, then 5.5mile run. Weirdly warm and got sweaty and came the headache. Got it done.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Thanks guys. COVID life does get to you from time-to-time. I probably should go into the office from time-to-time (although dog-duty is a lot easier from home!). But yes - between entering into the winter, losing the routine of the commute for so long, and other reasons ...

Feeling a bit wiped from last night, because DD's flight was delayed an hour and a half, so didn't get till bed until 1'ish. Did get back on the bike for a decent 20 mile "challenge" group ride ... HR up by 15-20 BPM over yesterday's workout - so an effort ride for sure.

geo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts