Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SB - glad to hear that you are improving, even if it is at a snails pace!

Geo - no pools available for me, waiting for the lake to warm up. Probably will get in late May...I haven't swum since September.

Yo - glad DD isn't in too much pain!

Nice day here - about 60 and sunny. Usual dog walk in the am, then got out and did slightly over a 5K. I have signed up for the BAA Virtual 5K so with the snow/smutz coming Friday, this will probably be the one I use! lol

yes, snow/sleet/rain smutz coming Thursday night into Friday. yuk. but we need the water...

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
SB - Google J&J side effects THOROUGHLY and keep all 5 senses on any potential concerning reactions! I am really hoping you come off the bad reactions very soon!

Zoj - Do you have a full-sleeve wetsuits? Booties? I bet you can get in a lake in late April! Well, let's ask our resident expert SB for advices! My swim buddy Mark and I are talking about toward the end of April.....

2-mile walk during lunch. Then DH and I hit another singletrack nearby, Tree Farm. I took Stumpy.. boy, I felt sluggish. But Stumpy itself, compared to my Pony, is also seemingly sluggish in terms of shifting and pickup. Maybe the difference between $1500 bike (and 10yrs old) vs. close to $4K bike, lol. I was hoping to clear 60min for the whole loop, but didn't, with 63min.

Did you hear Des Linden made the new World Best for 50K, by 17 min? and the first female ran sub 3hrs? I really like her calm, 'no biggie' kinda attitude. She is tiny, I saw her at a local 10K race many years ago, her cool down was like sub 7 pace....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
SB - Google J&J side effects THOROUGHLY and keep all 5 senses on any potential concerning reactions! I am really hoping you come off the bad reactions very soon!
I am afraid that only makes one paranoid, my doc tried to work directly with J&J but all they will say is be aware that these things could exist there are no signs or treatments they will share so any thing and everything could be a symptom and you should NOT use blood thinners but they wont' say what you might actually use so there you go...might as well ignore it. We wondered about blood tests but they say there's nothing to look for either!

I did manage to get out for a snow shoe yesterday in the storm just a short one. I do seem to be more easily tired and perhaps short of breath but then I have been down for a bit so who knows! I am hoping today's continued snow will allow me to get a bit more decent skiing..unless I die from blood clots :)

Anyway the whole thing has been a disaster, I should have stuck to my plan to wait til the work out the kinks. Hope everyone else keeps doing well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts