Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - over training? do you have some swim sessions where you just swim? Do you vary your stroke? I would do something to mix it up. Also the fact that you couldn't lift your arm for a few days probably means there is something else going on. But def ditch the speed workouts for a bit and vary your stroke (if you aren't). what are your goals right now? Are you training for something that requires speed?

Out on the roads again today at lunch...a balmy 33 sunny degrees!! Legs still not responding well, so I might take some of my own advice and ditch the watch for a bit to just enjoy running. :)

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Looks like it will be a Zwift double for me (really should get back to Nordic Track and elliptical for variety).

Rode hard for 13 miles this morning doing a "Tour de Zwift" event, but the connection crapped out with 4 miles to go (not great Interwebs). So plan is to go ride the full 17 tonight without the effort :)

Plan is to get together for a "social zwift" tomorrow AM with Thor. The "Thongs" was a mis-spelling of Things by Thor during our tough texting session (my voice-to-text also put in some doozies).

As far as speakers - no nothing special; just a well-reviewed set of small bookshelf speakers to be the "rear" speakers in my stereo, and able to purchase at a bargain price used from someone near Boston. The current ones are over twenty years old (but only 3 or so of those years with me) - so hoping for some sonic improvements for movies and music (and music club). Alas - I can get pretty obessive about some stuff (audio being one) - although once the obession is met by purchase, I'm likely to be happy and not obsess for another 10 or 15 years :) I've had my main speakers since new - purchased with a stock option windfall from 20 years ago, back when tech was booming (the rest of the windfall went to putting a nice downpayment on the house we had built). I guess I just felt like treating myself - seeing as I'm not spending much on anything these days (and am pretty thrifty about buying stuff even in non-COVID times).

I must say - it does tend to be the male species that obsesses about audio. Looking on all the forums reading up on these speakers, basically everyone commenting is a guy. Not sure why that is...

Also - almost posted a dual workout thread! Glad I caught Zoj's post. Two threads would be FAR too much excitement for the day!

Geo.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Zoj - Yeah I should do more variety of strokes... No I am not training for anything. For swimming only 2/wk, interval is something I do to keep it more interesting, and not getting bored. My left rotator cuff area gets sore and if I swim too much/hard (and I did too much on the first swim day of 2022), it really gets irritated. I think it comes from many falls on my left side/shoulder during mtb rides over the years. I am lefty.

Geo - Nice double! I am sure just like anything else, the high quality stuff lasts for a long time, and men know that :) Is your music club still meeting, virtually?

2-mile walk during lunch, as usual. Then 5.6miles after work. I wanted to get out not too much after 5pm, but DH is always tied up until closer to 6pm... ugh. As the temp went down as we ran, after some precipitation, the road got slick. Walking was actually worse than running. But got it done, safely. Running is getting better for sure over the last few weeks. No headache, and no totally deadleg feeling all the time. I am running only 3x or so per week, and am thinking to increase that a bit. With all this wet winter, riding outside isn't happening at all and I don't feel like pedaling hard on a trainer. So, mind as well running more!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts