Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,154 Posts
I have used performance trainers ever since the end of XC last year. I had the Cumulus 7's and liked how they were lighter so I kept one-upping myself. Next I went to Speedstars (the sexy yellow ones) but those crapped out on me at like 350 miles. Next I got the Haywards...a bit heavier but has cushion as well...I started having minor leg problems when running in those at like 250. Now I have went to the Asics Stratus which is Asics version of the Haywards pretty much...it has a nice flexy bottom and it decently cushioned at right around 11 oz. They may be the heaviest shoes I've had in a while but my feet are loving them.<br><br>
I'd reccomend trying something off of Roadrunner PTom, that way you have the 60-day guarantee if it doesn't work out...I think they have a quite improved flats section as of late.

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Oh and as for the shortness of life for my shoes...I'm guessing a contributing factor is my wear of them since I don't have a rotation, I can only afford one pair at a time. If these Stratuses keep holding out though I'll most likely plop down another pair to throw in, plus I am looking at some Nike Marathoners for speedwork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.